Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Starting to hate my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skratch_munkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Starting to hate my dealer

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not, can some one delete this?

I just picked up my car. I turned it in for the second time for the same problem . It has been flooding on the driver's side floor. When I took it in for the first time, the tech said they changed some sort of drain valve for the a/c. He also told me that they had a lot of cars come in for the same problem. So I was like, "Ok as long as it's fixed and I don't have to pay for it, I'm fine". Well, a month has gone by since I took the car in. We had a typhoon pass over us 2 days ago. After everything pretty much cleard up, I was getting ready to check out the surf. Well, when I get to my car and open up the door to my surprise there's a crap load of water again . So I take the car down to the dealer today. The tech takes the car to the back and in less than 10 minutes he comes back telling me he has found the problem. He brings me out to my car and tells me whoever installed my alarm, destroyed some kind of rubber stopper near the front driver side wheel . I was stumped. I asked him how did water get in from there when I wasn't driving the car while it was raining. It seemed like he started to get frustrated and began talking to me in Tagalog. I was like, "wtf did you just say?". We argued about the whole thing for like 5 minutes because I just didn't unserstand how water got in that way and he wanted me to pay for it. So after all the arguing he decides not to charge me and repairs the stupid hole. To **** him off even more, I told him to dry my carpet when he finished the repairs . When I get the time I'll take pics off the so called hole and ask for all your profesional opinion. To whether or not my alarm is the problem.

Thanks for letting me vent and for hearing me out.

Old 09-01-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
next time get the manager. bust his ***. hes a honda tech? they should not give you ****. its a warranty thing. why would your alarm be a prob? good luck. and if he tries to charge you, flash a warranty in his face, and call a lawyer
Old 09-01-2005
Registered!!

Thats what my parents have been telling me. They're telling me to file a consumer complaint with the bank. My mom wants me to sell or trade the car and get something else other than a honda, just so we don't have to deal with them any more. we have had problems with them before just to explain why my parents want me to sell. but I'm afraid it'll mess up my credit.
Old 09-01-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
there is a known problem with the moonroof drain tube being disconnected that would cause flooding. so if you have a moonroof its prolly that.
Old 09-01-2005
Registered!!

^ Naw no moonroof...
Old 09-01-2005
Registered!!

another funny thing I just notice the @$$ didn't dry my carpet.
Old 09-01-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
rofl how would they do that? hairdryer?
Old 09-01-2005
Registered!!

LOL, I didn't care at the moment I was just irritated so I added that task for him just push buttons.

now I need to figure out a way to dry them myself. any suggestions?
Old 09-01-2005

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
hair dryer or the sun.
Old 09-01-2005
Registered!!

probably won't be seeing the sun for a couple of days so I'll try a hair dryer. thanx guys.

How do I rep you both?
Old 09-01-2005

lol little scale on the right hand corner of the post, right beside the number. good luck
Old 09-02-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
that little rubber piece hes talking about could be the firewall grommet?

whoever installed your alarm left the grommet on the firewall a little open to fit the wire thru so it can connect to the battery?

its possible that water can get in there, but not much since the hole is like the size of a finger nail and definately not the cause of the floods.

but get your car checked in for warranty work and next time you go, ask for the manager if you must. if you see him again, just ignore him and find another tech. if then that tech is an ***, THEN ask for the manager.
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

Will do, I'll take some pics soon to give you guys a bigger picture of which hole it is.
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

Here is the so called problem. you can see a wire going through some sort of grey bondo stuff. if the pic works. that grey bondo stuff is the repair job the tech did. the rubber part that is kinda peeling off of it is the part they say was damaged during the install.
I still don't know how that much water could have came through that small hole when I wasn't driving the car when it was raining.

Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

sorry for the poor quality. I need a new camera.
Old 09-02-2005

1. where is this on your car?
2.why bondo? hes a tech, he can order replacement parts
3. there is better stuff than bondo, like there is some putty at adcanced auto parts or autozone that you put on and let dry, it turns into metal. like really hard metal.
4. call a manager and show him what the tech did. then be like "this ain't right" with a southern accent to complete the funny. lol
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

skyrunner777 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the same problem with a prelude I owned. I had a new alarm installed and the ran the wire through the firewall near the steering column. For some reason these jerkoffs ended up messing up the rubber grommet that they put the wire through. When the rainy season started I got water in my cabin, mainly in the drivers side, but it wasn't consistent. Some rainy days I got it sometime it would be dry. Basically, everytime I parked the car on a hill with the front of the car facing up, I would get water seepage because water would drip down the firewall and gravity would do the rest to get it into my cabin. The dealer wouldn't fix it because of it was an aftermarket install. In the end the noob kid who installed the alarm, put silicon around the grommet and the problem went away. So munkey, depending on where the alarm guys ran the wire, then they're the cause of your probs.
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
go to a new dealership, one that will respect you.
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MajinB
hair dryer or the sun.
IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO DRY IT WILL THE SUN LEAVE THE WINDOWS CRACK OPEN.
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

eyegiant is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by skratch_munkey
Here is the so called problem. you can see a wire going through some sort of grey bondo stuff. if the pic works. that grey bondo stuff is the repair job the tech did. the rubber part that is kinda peeling off of it is the part they say was damaged during the install.
I still don't know how that much water could have came through that small hole when I wasn't driving the car when it was raining.

BONDO IS ACTUALLY USE FOR PAINT AND REPAIRS ON EXTERIOR BOBIES.
Old 09-02-2005
Registered!!

This is located to the left of my brake pedal. for you all with standard cars it would be located left of your clutch pedal. not on the firewall but pretty close.

I would go to a new dealership but here we have only one dealer for honda. My parents want me to switch to toyota. but I'm going to wait and see if I have any more problems with this dealer before I switch.

so now the rain has stopped so I'll be trying to dry to carpet. I'm just hoping the floor doesn't rust up.