Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

auto trany

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
auto trany

Am I the only person that doesn't like the dipstick position on the tranny?

everytime I check it I have a heluva time trying to get it to stay put looks like a cork with a rod in it.... wish they would have a made a tube for it ....but i guess it does save the stick from dropping into the hole ....

Anyways ...anyone have a surefire way to make the dipstick stay put (aside form gorilla gluing it) hehe
Old 08-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I have the same problem. if I barely touch the dipstick it moves around so much and I really feel it doesnt sit in there like it should. Everytime I wash my engine, I have to cover up that area just so I dont get water in the tranny.
Old 08-30-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
called honda

I asked if there is any kind of retrofit lip flange or something like a tube or a whole new kind of set up for the dipstick and they said they didn't make anything.....
Old 08-31-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
usually when I change the tranny fluid, I will play with it for a few minutes and get it in to were it doesnt move around. It feels really loose to me, but I dont think it moves around while driving.
Old 08-31-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yea is there a better stick or a stopper we could stick there? I thought it was suppose to seal. Especially in winter, I can barely tap it and it falls out.