Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Sensor in intake popped out, can't secure it

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunstyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Sensor in intake popped out, can't secure it

i have an injen CAI in my 2002 civic LX 5speed. The little sensor that's supposed to slide into the hole next to wear the CAI meets the Throttle body popped out, is it important? how can i make it stay in?
I don't want my intake sucking air thought there if i can help it.
Old 08-16-2005
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sunstyle
i have an injen CAI in my 2002 civic LX 5speed. The little sensor that's supposed to slide into the hole next to wear the CAI meets the Throttle body popped out, is it important? how can i make it stay in?
A cheap fast fix would be a zip tie around the pipe and sensor. Or a more permament fix would be to weld a nut to the pipe and then thread the out side of the sensor with a die and screw it in. It works VERY well for boosted cars. I run 7-8psi and have never blown mine out
Old 08-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Sunstyle
there should be a rubber piece that slides into the pipe that holds the sensor in there.
Old 08-16-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
I believe that is the thermocouple so the car can read the air temp. yeah, a zip tie should work, but I know that wire is tight.
Old 08-16-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
there should be a grommet that comes with the intake or you can try using the factory one that was originally on the airbox.

i had the same problem as well and went down to honda to buy the grommet... its like $2-3?