Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

New exhaust hangs to low

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.honda is an unknown quantity at this point
New exhaust hangs to low

I just got my new exhaust on my car today.I got a DC header,Megan high flow cat and the evo2. when I got it all on it hangs really low where the two pices of the cat back hook together. It only 2 inches or so off the ground.Anybody have this prob or know how to fix it? Any help would be great!!!!

Thanks Josh
Old 02-15-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Muffler shop would be the best way. I did find some hangers at advance auto for an older prelude that are 1/2 inch shorter.
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
are you sure you put the hangers back on?
Old 02-16-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mr.honda
I just got my new exhaust on my car today.I got a DC header,Megan high flow cat and the evo2. when I got it all on it hangs really low where the two pices of the cat back hook together. It only 2 inches or so off the ground.Anybody have this prob or know how to fix it? Any help would be great!!!!

Thanks Josh

just cut the hangers and weld them up a little higher. make sure that you take good measurements
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

thoughthard is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno if this will help, but it might be worth a try...

Loosen all the bolts/nuts that hold the exhaust together. Push all of the exhaust upward, retighten all the bolts/nuts. I think Sport Compact Car did something like that on one of their project cars. If I remember right, the rear muffler hung a bit low, so they did the loosen and tighten idea. They actually got it too high, and had to adjust again.
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

Mr.honda is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried loosening everything and then adjusting it but when I tighten it back up it all goes the wrong way.it doesn't even sit under the heat shield. It's about 4 inches to the passenger side and it hangs literally only 2 inches off the ground.With the springs sagging in the rear to I can't even drive the car.
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

02CivicRider is an unknown quantity at this point
i had that problem just take it to a muffler shop i did and the cut the hangers and it sits higher now