Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Clutch Pedal Squeeks

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005
A.K.A BlackCar --- Not From Califorina!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KalliGarri is on a distinguished road
Clutch Pedal Squeeks

Ehh, well i read alot of post about people saying there clutch pedal starts to squeek and guess what, mines doing it now too, it makes like 3 clicky squeeks everytime i press the clutch down, it seems like sumthing is loose and needs to be tightened, but i doubt ne thing is loose, its really starting to irritate me
Old 01-02-2005
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
I've got the same problem but not that extreme. Mine is just an initial squeak when I begin to push the clutch in. Any solutions?
Old 01-02-2005

havent heard of any yet
Old 01-02-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
a long time ago, a few members brought their cars in to Honda to have them look at it.... sorry, I dont remember what was the verdict/conclusion
Old 01-02-2005
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
i have it too, even lubed her up, still happens
Old 01-03-2005

it doesnt seem like its a lub-fix problem, seems like there was a faulty in the civic clutches
Old 01-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
On the top of the clutch pedal you have a bushing, it is probably worn out and needs to be replaced. You can also spray some white lithium grease up there and that should do the trick. Using WD-40 will do the job for a day, but lithium grease works its way in there and stays. See if that helps.
Old 01-03-2005
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
it will go away after 16-17k miles....i had it...now its gone....my friend had it too...after the same mileage it was gone
Old 01-04-2005
P64
Registered!!

P64 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had mine cylinder replaced at 20K miles, and after 1K miles i heard a squeek again, but it lasted only for a day. At the moment it is ok. Weird.
It has to be something obvious, since it is an often issue, and it is almost impossible to be defected after two weeks from installation.
A
Old 01-04-2005
P64
Registered!!

P64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Delete this post please.

Last edited by P64; 01-04-2005 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-04-2005
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by P64
I had mine cylinder replaced at 20K miles, and after 1K miles i heard a squeek again, but it lasted only for a day. At the moment it is ok. Weird.
It has to be something obvious, since it is an often issue, and it is almost impossible to be defected after two weeks from installation.
A
like I said before, there is a bushing on the top of the clutch pedal and it is most likely worn out and needing to be replaced. Otherwise spray white lithium grease up there. I am taking a powertrain cource in school right now and this is recommened heavily by our instructor.
Old 01-04-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
^^ yup, its the bushings in the pedal assembly.
Old 01-04-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^ most likley the issue. Worst case senerio it may be the master cylinder going bad, but I doubt it. Just for the hell of it check your fluid to be sure that you are not losing any. Or look at the cylinder itself to be sure there is no leaks
Old 01-04-2005
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
I just let it squeak and now it's gone
Old 01-07-2005
Registered!!

Jeff B has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I have this squeek too. I thought it was the bushing too but after investigating its seems to be coming from inside the clutch housing. I poped the boot off and it got twice as loud. I am gonna try taking the slave cylinder out and seeing if I can greese up something...
Old 01-07-2005
The Beer-man

Metallica454 is an unknown quantity at this point
That lithium grease doesn not work. I had it done twice. There's some part on/near the slave cylinder that gets dirty and corroded easily. Clean it up, lube it, and it will go away.
Old 01-07-2005
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jeff B
I have this squeek too. I thought it was the bushing too but after investigating its seems to be coming from inside the clutch housing. I poped the boot off and it got twice as loud. I am gonna try taking the slave cylinder out and seeing if I can greese up something...
where the shift fork and the slave meet the only way to possibally get to it is to open the bleed valve and run the fluid out. Then you can move the shift fork freely and lube where the slave and fork meet.
Old 01-07-2005
Registered!!

buckycheer is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda sent out a memo about that problem
Old 01-09-2005
The Beer-man

Metallica454 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda should do a recall about that problem and every other problem thats common. Have it all done in one "QA" recall. The rocking seats, squeaky clutch, the rattles in the rear deck, and whatever causes the clutch to crap out at 30,000 miles (I'm not the only one).
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

D17Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
7th Gens have Mass Manual tranny problems I know of 3 7th gens down here that all have tranny problems(including mine)...my squeek and click noise was the master cyl. going out and then the slave cyl makes noise but I can live with that just turn the Radio up...I woulda thought Honda would of done something about it when they had my tranny outta the car replacing the 2nd gear syncros I thought wrong ...

Last edited by D17Racer; 01-13-2005 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-13-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by D17Racer
7th Gens have Mass Manual tranny problems I know of 3 7th gens down here that all have tranny problems(including mine)...my squeek and click noise was the master cyl. going out and then the slave cyl makes noise but I can live with that just turn the Radio up...I woulda thought Honda would of done something about it when they had my tranny outta the car replacing the 2nd gear syncros I thought wrong ...
I wouldnt consider that a mass tranny problem.
Old 01-13-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I had this problem start at about 70,000 Miles. It was my Master Cylinder. I needed a new one, and it fixed it. I am at about 90,000 miles now, and it hasnt come back. I was told it is caused by riding the clutch. I never noticed that I touched it just ever so slightly. Now I dont ride the clutch though. I would bet its your master cylinder. Mine made the noise at about half way pressed/depressed when shifting, squeeked, and sort of started cracking right before I replaced it.
Old 01-13-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
It only cost 200 for the shop I use to fix it. New one from Honda installed was 200 bucks (USD)
Old 01-14-2005
Registered!!

D17Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
No I wasnt saying that was a mass problem I was just saying in general Most all of my Friends who have 7th gen's have tranny problems, mine had to have syncros replaced at 8,000 miles
Old 01-14-2005
Registered!!

Revmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
The one making the squeek is the clutch fork. If you dont know how to DIY it, just bring it to your local Honda dealer.

I think this is one of the identified 7th Gen Civic problems.
Old 01-17-2005
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
there is a TBS for it and honda is aware of the problem

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=96673 the link on how to fix ur self is down. but someone on here has them saved to there computer just have to find out who. but it is a comon problem.
Old 01-17-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dj02
there is a TBS for it and honda is aware of the problem

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=96673 the link on how to fix ur self is down. but someone on here has them saved to there computer just have to find out who. but it is a comon problem.
those links dont work anymore.
Old 01-21-2005
Registered!!

dma001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, mine was fine until about 16000 miles, then it started squeaking whenever I pushed the clutch pedal in. I tried the lithium grease, and it did stop the squeaking for about 6 months, then it started again. Strange thing was, it seemed to do it more when the weather was warm.

My factory warranty was nearly up, so I decided to take her in and have the problem looked at -- to my amazement, the dealership replaced the whole "clutch assembly" under warranty. That's been 3 months ago, and (knock on wood), the clutch pedal's been quiet as a mouse.
Old 02-01-2005
Registered!!

utahbmxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Clutch Issues

My clutch/pedal has been driving me nuts for the past few months. It makes a type of grinding/clicking/popping noise and feels notchy when you start to let out on the clutch. Its fine when you press it to the floor. The noise isn't coming from the pedal or master cylinder. It comes from the Slave Cylinder area.

I took the rubber boot/cover off to inspect inside it. When the cover is off the noise is much more noticable. The transmission/clutch also seems to engage quicker and when the pedal is further out. When it does, the car is very jerky like it just popped into place and there seems to be alot of "play" in the transmission or something similar.

Does anyone know if replacing the Slave Cylinder and bleeding it would help or is it probably something inside the transmission housing? It doesn't feel like its the clutch slipping or anything. I bought the car used from a kid one year ago with 62,000mi on her and now has 82,000mi. I don't ride the clutch or drive her to hard. Who knows how the previous owner drove it. Anyways, thats my problem. And I need to get my headlight switch replaced, I keep blowing my low beams out of my bulbs. AHh!! Silly Cars.

-utahbmxer

2001 LX Sedan
TCS Exhaust
AEM Short Intake
Old 02-01-2005
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by utahbmxer
My clutch/pedal has been driving me nuts for the past few months. It makes a type of grinding/clicking/popping noise and feels notchy when you start to let out on the clutch. Its fine when you press it to the floor. The noise isn't coming from the pedal or master cylinder. It comes from the Slave Cylinder area.

I took the rubber boot/cover off to inspect inside it. When the cover is off the noise is much more noticable. The transmission/clutch also seems to engage quicker and when the pedal is further out. When it does, the car is very jerky like it just popped into place and there seems to be alot of "play" in the transmission or something similar.

Does anyone know if replacing the Slave Cylinder and bleeding it would help or is it probably something inside the transmission housing? It doesn't feel like its the clutch slipping or anything. I bought the car used from a kid one year ago with 62,000mi on her and now has 82,000mi. I don't ride the clutch or drive her to hard. Who knows how the previous owner drove it. Anyways, thats my problem. And I need to get my headlight switch replaced, I keep blowing my low beams out of my bulbs. AHh!! Silly Cars.

-utahbmxer

2001 LX Sedan
TCS Exhaust
AEM Short Intake
That sounds like new clutch time!

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Squeeks