Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Serious Brake problem Please tell me what you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Serious Brake problem Please tell me what you think?

A couple of days ago I posted another topic about my brakes and recieved a few responses but it really didnt help much, if you dont know here is the problem and the new problem: about 3 weeks i got new pads and shoes, had the rotors and drums resurfaced, and bleeded the brake system from brake check here in houston, then 2 weeks after that, about 1 week ago, the brakes started to squeal loudly and it sounded like it was coming from the rear, so I took it back in and they told me nothing was wrong and that the brakes were just getting to hot. the next day I went back and complained that this sound usually happens when you need new brakes, and they got mad and said it was heat, and they offered to clean the brakes. The next day the sound was still there, this time they offered to replace the front pads with organic ones. When I left after that the sound was still there. So I went back and this time they told me that the drums were warped and they resurfaced them or machined them and told me this might help. Now the new problem is whenever I stop, the brakes grind hard and squeal. It still sounds like it is coming from the rear. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO, THIS IS PISSING ME OFF!!!!!! I have lifetime warranties on pads and shoes there, and it has only been about 3 weeks since my work was done. Someone help me on this.
Old 08-25-2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
horatio is an unknown quantity at this point
damn i can understand how you feel. i would give them one more shot and if they cant finx this problem which they caused then i guess you have no choice but to take it back to....dare i say it... the dealership. drum brakes are such a pain in the ***. if you have the cash for a rear disc conversion i think i runs 550-650. im sure a honda tech could figure it out.
Old 08-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
damn it only 550-650, I wanted to spend that money on a nitrous express kit but if it comes down to it I will probably to the conversion. I called brake check this morning and they told me that since drums on hondas really arent supposed to act up, he said that might not be it and he would look at it, si I will see what happens will post result tomorrow have to work all day today.
Old 08-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
Please bump up the other thread if you want to continue the same topic