Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

getting screwed, help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chefjnr is an unknown quantity at this point
getting screwed, help!!!

I have a spun bearing on my crankshaft, honda wont warranty it!! I have a B&M oil cooler installed about 4k miles before the part failure, oil levels have always been good and the car was very well maintained, they are saying that the extra 2 feet of tubing that relocates the oil filter "may" have caused the engine to be oil starved at startup and "could" have been a factor in the damage- does that make any sense to you? If that was the case, 1 oil change would have caused a million times more damage to the engine since there is no oil at all in the system before the filter gets primed, I cant imagine a thousand startups with a 10th of a second delay caused by 2 feet of tubing would contribute to a spun bearing. What do you guys think?? Can they void my warranty because of the oil cooler? They are not contesting the oil level in the pan or the flow rate of the oil system. Any honda dealer workers out there, please help!! Should I be getting a lawyer?? The repair will cost $1500-1800 they tell me.
Old 07-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDog2001CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
They can only refuse it, if they THE DEALERSHIP can prove beyond all doubt that your aftermarket part caused the problem, until then they HAVE to warranty the work