Electrical Post information/questions/Issues about Electric parts here.

2007 Civic EX Radiator and Condensor Fan

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RIPSAW has a spectacular aura aboutRIPSAW has a spectacular aura about
2007 Civic EX Radiator and Condensor Fan

Since this is my student's car, not really sure there is a problem. Have a service manual but pretty confusing.

Had the block start leaking exactly where TSB10-48 shows it. No luck on the warranty. Two years out. 159K They offered a new short block install.$5800. A 1-year warranty used complete with 82K for $4000. Thoughts???

I figured I would try a stop leak before doing the $4K Any one know of any success with a stop leak? The cracks are so small, you really cannot see them. I can blow it off and the water just appears with only 5 lb on the cap.

My question. Both my radiator fans run on AC running. They both cycle on if you let it idle. I thought only one should come on.

I have another student with a 93 Civic that I replace the sensor in the engine coolant. However, this one seemed to just be on/off. I ckecked the one in the 07 by just jumping the plug and it did not turn on a fan like the 93. It also set an engine check light when I unplugged it. I reset that. So obviously, this sensor is actually a check on the 07 and must be a different type switch then the 93..

Thoughts on how fans should work?

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-24-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,131 Likes on 945 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: 2007 Civic EX Radiator and Condensor Fan

dont use the stop leak it will just gum everything up,
pretty sure both fans are supposed to come on with the ac on
Old 06-24-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
dont use the stop leak it will just gum everything up,
pretty sure both fans are supposed to come on with the ac on
I agree both for AC and that is what it does. AC off and they both still come on also and cycle when the temperature is about middle of the gage. I was thinking here, should be one.

I have no choice short of a new or rebuilt motor or try the stop leak. Bar's leak just messaged me to remove the thermostat and use a flush to be sure passageways are clean, especially if it has an oil filter cooler ring. Then use it's the cheapest sealer. The tablets. They said to use two in the 4 cylinders. Crush them and add to new antifreeze. They say most all new carmaker use it to ensure they are no small leaks around hoses and such. I believe that may be very well so. I know years ago when I use to be a maintenance freak, I flushed a 5-year-old car and put new antifreeze in it. It suddenly had a lot of small leaks. Thru in a can of light-duty stop leak/water pump lube and they went away. Never leaked again till it needed a radiator 15 years later.

Thanks for the help
Old 06-26-2019
Registered!!

Well, did what the people at the stop leak said. I removed the thermostat. Ran a cleaner thru it to hopefully open up the oil cooler at the base of the oil filter (I think) . Broke the block drain loose. (always scary to me ..never did get on loose on my Jeep)

Then I used the tablet form stop leak. 3 of them dissolved in water. Alternating in a shot of 70% antifreeze and the mixed stop leak. So far, all is well. Heat is fine. The leak is almost stopped. However too soon to tell if it completely stops and stays stopped. The small one in the corner of rib stopped. The one to the other side appears to be a 1/2" long crack. It's still weeping. That 82K used engine for $4000. will buy a lot of antifreeze if I can get it manageable to just feeding the reserve bottle.

Never have figure out fans, however. Any more thoughts on my first post on fan function???