Electrical Post information/questions/Issues about Electric parts here.

2007 Hybrid Battery Problem - Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Hybrid Battery Problem - Replacement

Hi everyone,

I cant see a thread for hybrids so i thought I'd start this one.

I have a 2007 civic hybrid - hybrid battery (IMA) started playing up when I bought it. Not kicking in, dropping charge all of a sudden and running a little ruff at low speeds. then the IMA warning light appeared on the dash.

Needless to say my local Honda dealer is pretty dismal in the customer service department. Anyway - its getting covered under the 8 year warranty. Having it done at another Honda dealer (400km+ away) next week.

anyone had any similar experiences with the battery going pear shaped?

Also has anyone else noticed if (one was silly enough) to have the drivers window down with any water on the roof the water drips straight onto the electric window controls? Fail

Cheers - Little Blue
Old 07-28-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2007 Hybrid Battery Problem - Replacement

yeah ive heard of some failing, there is supposed to be an ecu reflash that extends the battery life at the expense of mpg. maybe they will do that also when replacing the battery.
Old 07-31-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little Blue is an unknown quantity at this point

They said there was a recall on this particular car - that there was a computer upgrade that it needs which will be done when the battery is changed this week - this might be the ecu reflash your talking about?
Old 07-31-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yes thats the one. ecu = electronic control unit also known as the main computer. unfortunately you will not get anywhere near the good mileage you got before tho...but at least the battery will last longer.