Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

2013 Honda Civic Si

Old 1 Week Ago
Registered!!

Michael Torres is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 Honda Civic Si

I took my car to the mechanic and they looked at it for me, and told me the my number 3 has a wrist pin issue and he saying that I need to get another engine. What I don't understand is why is this wrist pin not fixable or is it, he just wants to up charge me. Please if anyone has had this issue. I need some help.
Old 1 Week Ago
Dr Krieger of Modification

mac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to all
Re: 2013 Honda Civic Si

...you have given no real info as to what is going on with the car.

How would we be able to help you in any way?

-stalling?
-burning oil?
-odd sounds?
-CEL?
-leaking fluids?

Take the car to at least one other mechanic for inspection. Do not mention anything about what the other mechanic said. If the stories match up, use the mechanic with the lower price. Also check their google reviews.
Old 1 Week Ago
Dr Krieger of Modification

mac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to allmac25 is a name known to all
Re: 2013 Honda Civic Si

Ps: regarding the wrist pin, if that is the issue...

If the pin some how degraded and the piston became loose, metal shards could have damaged the cylinder wall.

If this is the case you may be able to take the car to a modification shop to re bore the block. But that would mean four expensive aftermarket pistons, a lot of labor and there may still be some metallic shards left somewhere else in the engine. So the safest bet is a new/new used engine.