Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

NU Finish Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
NU Finish Any Good?

Hey everyone, I am going off to college later this year and I will probably have no time at all to do stuff to my car, like washing it and all. So I was wondering if I used a couple of coats of Nu Finish, will it really last a year? Also, in texas when you take long road trips, which I will often have to do to come home, alot of bugs tend to get caught in the crossfire and get stuck on my bumper. I was wondering if there is anyway that I could put stuff on the front of my car that will make stuck on bugs easier to remove and have them not get stuck to the paint job.
Old 05-03-2003
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
.You can do a search for nu finish and find lots of info. I think it is some of the best stuff out there bar none. It shines like a **** and the water will bead for months and months. How you wash and care for your car will determine the amt of time it last. It will last longer than anything else. I think you'll be very pleased with it.

Oh yeah, and before someone else says it, it's not a wax, it's a petroleum based product or something...LOL

Having a coat of wax on the car does keep stuff from sticking like it was glued. Bugs and everything usually come off a lot easier on a waxed car as compared to one that is not.

There is also a product on the market that you simply spray on the bumper, fenders, and where ever you do not want bugs getting stuck and such before you take a highway trip or something. Once you reach your destination you spray the car off with water and everything is supposed to wash off with it.

I haven't tried the stuff myself but plan to this summer
Old 05-04-2003
Extreme Member

ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you know the name of this stuff that you spray on your car to keep the bugs from sticking?
Old 05-04-2003
Registered!!

tangerine is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as Nu Finish goes as a wax, its incredible. My neighbor swears by it. But although it is a good wax, I don't think it will last a whole year. A few coats will last a pretty long time, but it will need to be re-done at least every 3 months.
Personally I wax my car almost every week. Why? because I have a lot of time on my hands obviously!
To prevent bugs on long trips, I've heard of people putting seran (sp) wrap over their front bumper before the drive. It may not look pretty but it will keep stuff off the bumper. Whether this works or not I am not sure. I couldn't imagine why it wouldn't though.
Old 05-05-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Please Search before posting