Washing yout brakes - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2003   #1
Registered!!

AvrilLavigne45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Washing yout brakes

I have had my wheels for over a month and I can see my brakes and I am wondering, when I wash my car is it fine to wash the brakes in the front and the back and expose water into the engine bay or should I try to not blast water into the brake lines and other electrical equipment that I see when I wash my car?lease: lease: lease:
AvrilLavigne45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003   #2
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
stay away from electrical equipment as far as the braks i have the AEM rotors and i wash them all the time just be careful when you pull out to slam on the brakes a few times before you really get going. If you must wash your engine bay caover the electircal components with a plastic bag or something so water cant get to it and wash away i find iteasy to take soap and water then gently wipe away anything
RedDragon333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003   #3
Registered!!

tangerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya waht he said^^^
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003   #4
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't worry about your brakes. They will be a bit slippery the first time you press them though.

The engine, I pop the hood and wash it every other wash with a sponge and the garden hose. The main concern is the distributor cap and the holes the spark plugs are in. WE don't have distibutors and the spark plugs are pretty tight.

I wouldn't worry about the main fuse box in the bay. Just don't go spraying the hay out of it with a pressure washer or something. Just use a garden hose and you'll be fine. It has enough protection to stand of to a garden hose. Everything in the engine bay sees water and condensation we being driven.
Mbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003   #5
Mr. Negative
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

DaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the roughDaveyD is a jewel in the rough
I havent cleaned my engine in a while. When I did it. I made sure to seal the air intake. Making sure no water gets into the engine.
DaveyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003   #6
Master

CivicBR900EX is an unknown quantity at this point
use damped towel to clean engine compartment
CivicBR900EX is offline   Reply With Quote