Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

tint %

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpatSi is an unknown quantity at this point
tint %

I am going to tint my black 2k1 but i really don;t know how dark or light to go... I want it to be prettty dark but i also want to be able to see out of them somewhat when driving at night... what % should i go with... and if you have pics of a car with the % it would really be apreciated. thanks
Old 09-25-2002
Registered!!

oh ya and should i tint my front window to get that complete look?
Old 09-25-2002
Registered!!

Subrage is an unknown quantity at this point
ive got 20% all the way around except windsheild check out my car here

i can see out fine just seeing in is kinda hard

edit: i just went out and took some here ya go
Old 09-25-2002
Registered!!

alright thanks a lot.. i was thinking about going in the rage arund 25% thanks for the help
Old 09-25-2002
Registered!!

RunawaySoul is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 20%, but I have buyer's remorse. I would've gone with 15%. I had 35% on my previous car, was nervous getting 20% on this car. Go with 20% or less. Don't worry about laws too much, never had any problems.

Edit: My brother's Civic has 5%, I can see out at night and rain. Personally that's a bit too low because colors seem to get distorted...
Old 09-27-2002
Registered!!

Litespeed is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want something dark but not too dark i would go with 20%. I'm running with 35% but that's cause that's the legal limit here and the cops like to inforce it. If I wouldn't get pulled over for tint I would've gone 20%. Though I like my 35% tint. It's hard to see inside during the night cause it's reflective on the outside. Just don't go any lighter than that.
Old 10-06-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I had 35% on the front and Limo on the back on my 88 civic and my 01 civic I put 6% limo all around w/ window strip and I can see out at night

Nick
Old 10-11-2002
AR
e-married to daydreamer

AR will become famous soon enough
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]is it the lower the percent, the darker the tint? I know little about tints, but pricing and styling... sorry if I look
Old 10-11-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
yeah, the lower the percentage, the darker the tint. I believe our cars come with a factory tint of like 85%? anyway, I'm pretty sure the percentage is how much light passes through the glass.
Old 10-12-2002
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, the number of the tint is the percentage of light that gets through. On a black car, limo for as much as your can, and 20/25 for the eyebrow. I don't know the laws in your area, but tint on the front windows where I live is illegal. So I got limo(5) in the back, 35 on the front two, and a 25 eyebrow. I really like the way it looks. It cost me $227, but the installation is the best I've seen, and it has a lifetime warranty on everything except getting ticketed for the front windows. You don't need pics for full limo, just imagine the black paint going all the way up the car. No break for windows. Very clean looking.
Old 10-22-2002
Registered!!

aznluckyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
haha u got ripped off. In so cal 626 area, it cost around $100.
Old 10-27-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
I have 5% limo tint on my car - looks great on dark cars. (see link in my sig)

Dark tint takes some adjusting for nighttime but after a week or so you get totally used to it and you're fine.

When you get tint, make sure its the metallic film, not the dyed film... most are these days but someone might try to cheap out on you. dyed has this nasty habit of turning purple after a few years.

TINT LAWS - you should know before you tint your driver/passenger windows OR windshield, you are giving your insurance company grounds to dismiss your coverage in the event of an accident. While you may never get a ticket for illegal tint... you could very well get in an at-fault accident... when that happens, your insurance company will more than likely look for any excuse not to pay out for you. My tinter refused to even talk about putting tint on the front windows. He said unless it comes from the factory its illegal and dangerous.

Old 11-01-2002
Registered!!

azn2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 5% on the three back windows and i used to have 20% in the front...but the damn cops had me pull em off. i hate these cops in cali....they're so damn picky....well the laws are anyway