IS Window Cover Necessary? - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2002   #1  
Registered!!

kenji4861 is an unknown quantity at this point
IS Window Cover Necessary?

I see people putting those front window covers whenever they leave their car.

Is it necessary? Would it save my seats or deck from losing color?
kenji4861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002   #2  
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, it would help since the sun is your dash's worst enemy...I have seen dashes that have been subjected to the sun's punishment for years without any attention & they ended up cracked and looking crappy...

2Hottie

p.s..helps keep your interior cooler too when your car is sitting in the sun all day...
2Hottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002   #3  
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea it's necessay if you wanna keep you dash clean and prtected... the sun will harden you dash and fade it.. and it'll crack over time..the vinyl will become stiff and not sooft as it is when you just got it... but no matter what there are other elements that harm you dash
Macko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002   #4  
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Yep, shields the interior from the damaging effects of the sun. I have one and it's always up when parked outside unless its cloudy. It also keeps the car a heck of a lot cooler. Nothing like a molten hot steering wheel.
Mbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002   #5  
Registered!!

deathor is an unknown quantity at this point
I forget to use it alot, and there's a big diff in heat when I get into my car from whether I use it or not.

Window Cover
deathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002   #6  
Registered!!

2001CIVICLX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: Mbow
Yep, shields the interior from the damaging effects of the sun. I have one and it's always up when parked outside unless its cloudy. It also keeps the car a heck of a lot cooler. Nothing like a molten hot steering wheel.[hr]
But, they say that even when it is cloudy, those harmful UV rays from the sun are there as bad if not worse than when it is sunny. And those UV rays are what hurt your car...

My problem is that I forget to put it up as often as I should...
2001CIVICLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002   #7  
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: 2001CIVICLX
Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: Mbow
Yep, shields the interior from the damaging effects of the sun. I have one and it's always up when parked outside unless its cloudy. It also keeps the car a heck of a lot cooler. Nothing like a molten hot steering wheel.[hr]
But, they say that even when it is cloudy, those harmful UV rays from the sun are there as bad if not worse than when it is sunny. And those UV rays are what hurt your car...

My problem is that I forget to put it up as often as I should...[hr]

who's they? i guess thats true but people dont put sunblock on their skin on cloudy days.
neoretromax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002   #8  
Registered!!

RunawaySoul is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, you're supposed to put sunblock on all the time, regardless of what kind of day it is. There's a hole in the ozone, do you think clouds will fix that? I just started putting mine up. Mine's called WingShade or something like that, it warps around my windows too. I notice it takes much less time to cool up when I crank it up after getting off work. My shift **** isn't hot anymore. I say

RunawaySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002   #9  
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
I've made it a habit to put my sunshade up everytime I leave my car, even at night!! When Teamed up with 15% tint it makes your car very hard to look into, so any peeping passerbys can't see inside.
Taffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002   #10  
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I use it all the time and having limo tint all around it even makes it harder to see in at night or day

Nick
NickDaMans02Civic is offline   Reply With Quote