Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Too much tire shine...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Too much tire shine...

I washed my car today, and put some Mother's Aluminum/Mag wheel polish on my rims and got them all shiny again, then put some Eagle 1 Wet tire shine on my tires... This stuff is supposed to dry, but look wet, well, 4 hours after I washed it, I went out, came back and I had tireshine all over my rims and the side of the car behind the wheel wells. Never had this happen before. Short of stripping all the shine off, is there any way to make it dry like it should? It's sitting in the garage and it isn't hot in there, but I'm still not getting it to dry. Is it possible to have just put too many layers of it on? I spray them every time I wash the car, and I scrub the tires before I do it.
Old 08-10-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jochij is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe u should try chaning the p roduct like try out meguiars tire shine gell that works pretty good and u use an applicator for it and it doesn't get on the rims. but u might also be doing too many layers u really only need one.
Old 08-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Eagle One uses an applicator pad too. The problem is that it's spraying off as I drive, not that it's getting all over the place when I put it on.
Old 08-10-2002
Registered!!

Silver02EX is an unknown quantity at this point
I think any gel brand tires shine would work as long as you use the applicator/sponge thing for it... and make sure you spread it even across the tires.
Old 08-11-2002
Registered!!

Tarik is an unknown quantity at this point
try meguries high endurance, its a gel, use an aplicator pad, its good.
Old 08-11-2002
spoiledsteph

also, wipe off the excess after like 20 min.....that way most of it has set in, but the excess is what flings onto your car.....just wipe it off with a rag and you are set...
Old 08-12-2002
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
SPray some Meguiar's Final Inspection on it, wipe it with a cloth and you will be good to go...just as shiny as when you waxed it!

2Hottie
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

RevHigh is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the key is to make sure you wipe off the excess. I used to spray pretty much any generic tire shine on my tires, and never wipe them off. Next thing you know, your wheels are coated with it, and the lower panels of the car. Lesson learned: wipe it up afterwards.
Old 09-02-2002
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: RevHigh
I think the key is to make sure you wipe off the excess. I used to spray pretty much any generic tire shine on my tires, and never wipe them off. Next thing you know, your wheels are coated with it, and the lower panels of the car. Lesson learned: wipe it up afterwards.[hr]
exactly what he said[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

only product you dont have to wipe off is black magic tire tint, but that stuff is really thick, and will take about 2 coats of simple green to come off. but it lasts for bout a month.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]