Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

white wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bake is an unknown quantity at this point
white wheels

anything good for cleanin white wheels or will just anything work.... didn't wanna put anything on there that would eat into the wheel
Old 07-01-2002
Registered!!

tummyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Just stay away from acitone based wheel cleaners and keep them waxed you will be fine

My friend used a acitone based wheel cleaner and it actually made the bubbles in the paint of the rim (sorry dont remeber the name of the product) but just check the bottle for what it contains
Old 07-01-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Wash your wheels before you wash your car. Hose off the car and take a bucket of water and car wash. Take a wash mitt or sponge that you only use on your wheels and tires and soap down each rim and tire. Then hose them off. Rinse out the bucket and put car soap in and water and wash the car with a different wash mitt or sponge. Never use the same wash mitt on the wheels and then on the car. You will either get brake dust and grease all over the car or you will scratch the paint.
When you are done washing the car, dry off your rims with a seperate towel, then you would use on your paint. After the wheels are dry, You should wax them to keep the luster and to protect them from natures elements. I usually use the same wax I wouls use on the paint. Mothers, Meguires, Kit, Gliptone are among a few of waxes I recommend.