Info on Swirl Marks - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2002   #1
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
Info on Swirl Marks

"Polish or Light Scratch / Swirl Remover:

This category creates even more confusion. When choosing the correct product. This includes the pad and or cloth used. Some consider “glazes” a polish, but they simply create an optical illusion by covering up paint blemishes. They simply wash off and then leave the imperfections for all to see.. Other glazes (advertised as show glazes) used the morning of the car show is gone by the end of the day. This is caused by UV rays and evaporation. Using this definition to select your polishes and/or swirl removers will save a great deal of confusion, time and provide clarity to you. Most professional detail chemical companies have a product that you can use as a polish or a swirl remover. Therefore, in an effort to reduce the never ending line of retail products, it is in your best interest to use a commercial grade product that is not multi-purpose. An example of a multi-purpose product is a polish/wax or cleaner/wax."
-
Removing Swirl Marks

so this would mean meguires show glaze is almost a waste of money??? i have notice it too. after i use the glaze the car would look fine, small scratches here and there but managable... throughout the week i could notice the scratches start to re-appear... so what would be a good polish? maybe i'll stick with 3M products from now on, heard they make great car care products
VNlilMAN is offline   Reply With Quote