Nu Finish?? Opinions?? - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2002   #1
Registered!!

kFanghe is an unknown quantity at this point
Nu Finish?? Opinions??

Anyone ever heard of a product called Nu Finish? Is/Was advertised on TV for some time. It's not a "wax" but a wax like product that supposedly has much better protection and equal shine. They boast a "once a year waxing" and used it on a car that was put through an automatic car wash (spinning buffers and everything) and the water still beaded. Anyone here ever use the product? Any good??
kFanghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002   #2
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
ya I saw that 2 looks like a load of bull, most of that infomercial stuff is crap. Don't bother wasting your money. Just take the time and to it properly with the real stuff.
JSWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002   #3
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a Rio Red acura integra quite some time ago now. I used to wax it with the nufinish once to twice a year. It did last forever. I always got complements on how the car shined and how rich the paint looked. It looked so good because the paint job (oem) was simply awesome. However, the water did bead up for months and it shined like a **** just like they advertise. I had the teg back in 93 and haven't used the product since 95 now. I currently use the meguiars gold class wax. It only seems to last a couple of months from my peronal experience.
Mbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002   #4
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Nu Finish has been around for ever....I have used it many a times. it is an excellent product that lasts a long time. It is not a bull cr*p product like Auri, or any of the other infomercial products that you see on tv. It isnt wax though, it is a petroliam based product.
civicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002   #5
Registered!!

kFanghe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm, interesting... I thought it was all show. I think I'll wax half my hood with the Mother's 3 step process and the other half with this Nu Finish stuff and see how it holds up (and looks).
kFanghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002   #6
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
nu finish is great stuff. lasts longer than any wax product i know of and its easy to use. i recently decided to ditch the meguairs and move to this stuff as the meguairs wax doesnt last very long. nice thing about it is u can apply it in direct sunlight too.
neoretromax is offline   Reply With Quote