Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Question about re- polishing and waxing...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about re- polishing and waxing...

I just went over my NBP vic about 2 months ago with 3m swirl remover, cystal system polish, and the gold wax. The car has some slight haziness to it in some areas but shines awesome. I noticed some water spots that didn't come off with the quick detailer after washing the car. So, I want to redo the whole process to try and get rid of the hazing and the water spots. I just bought some deep crystal system paint cleaner and the step 3 carnaba wax to use instead of the gold.

Should I wash the car with some dishsoap before redoing the process or just wash like normal and repeat the process without stripping the current wax? Maybe a clay bar in there somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
the clay bar probably won't do anything for swirls or hazing. You could redo the whole process which will probably be better, but it will be a lot of time and effort. If you can I would recommend this: 1. Wash the car with regular dish soap (will rid previous wax) 2. Meguire's three step process 2 layers of each process thin coats. 3. When applying each coat make sure to wax/polish/buff all in same direction, way of car, just think of the wind direction when driving. This is the most important part, applying and removing elements from car in same direction. 4. Step back and take a look at how shiny and nice your car looks after a long day of detailing.

In future you can apply quick detailer to get that new waxed look. Next month apply meguires gold wax and should look the same as when you finished it the first time. In the end it should look better than a new car.
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
here's a tip when you're applying/removing the polish, don't let the polish dry fully, let it get semi dry, then buff it out in a back and forth motion not circular, that might be why you're getting hazing.
Old 05-09-2002
Registered!!

ya that's what I was trying to say, I guess I just went the long way, it happens after a few beers[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-10-2002
Registered!!

I like beer too! But only after my daughter has gone to bed!

Anyhow, so you guys really think I should wash with the dish soap before repeating the process? Seems like the #1 paint cleaner would take care of that?
Old 05-11-2002
Registered!!

it's up to you, I think the best results will come from the info I supplied, but it will take some serious time.
Old 05-11-2002
Registered!!

It took me 2 days last time and my arm was sore for a week. Went over the car twice with each: 3m swirl remover, deep cyrstal polish, gold wax---all by hand!

This time I am going to use the 3 step system. Crystal paint cleaner, crystal polish, the carnaba wax.

Probably do it next week. Thanks for the input.