Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Scratch X is goods stuff

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Importracer will become famous soon enoughImportracer will become famous soon enough
Scratch X is goods stuff

Maguires Scratch X is the best stuff ever, it worked perfectly on my black car, the cats in my neighbor hood would climb onto my car when its warm at night, and then because its so slick from the wax they would try to dig their nails into the paint and so i had long scratch marks on the hood of my car, used the scratch x and it took it all way.
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
Did that stuff really work? I was debating trying it out, I also have a dark car, the Eternal Blue Pearl. I have to try and pick some of that stuff up...thanks man!

Scott
Old 05-05-2002
jro
Registered!!

jro is an unknown quantity at this point
i've used it. it works well on *minor* scratches i.e. key scratches around the locks....smells good too!
-jro
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea, I agree about the 'minor' scratchs. You really arent going to be taking out any swirl marks with that stuff. I haven't really found anything that takes out swirl marks by hand. I need a buffer but am scared to use one.
Old 05-06-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Krepoort is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a few cats that do that in my neighborhood too. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] I've tried the Scratch X but doesnt seem to work. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

-Kre
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

Importracer will become famous soon enoughImportracer will become famous soon enough
i have been using it with a buffer and i usually get the whole car not just one spot with it and it works great! when im done i top it off with the show glaze
Old 06-07-2002
Registered!!

2001CivicEx2dr is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread deserves to go back up... I used the GS27 stuff from the TV ads and just about all it did to my scratches was make a hazy cloud around them. I then shell out the money for a tube of Meguiar's Scratch-X ($7something at target) and work over the same places I made worse with the GS27. The deep scratches were still there of course, this is no sandpaper, but all the small ones magically disappeared. Plus the ugly haze from the GS27 went completely away and looks shinier than new. My trunk now looks amazing! Use it like wax- rub it on, wait a few minutes and then wipe it off.

Oh and be careful what you set on your trunk lid
Old 06-08-2002
Ed
Registered!!

Ed will become famous soon enoughEd will become famous soon enough
[hr][i]
Oh and be careful what you set on your trunk lid[hr]
That is so true, I was cleaning the car, i just got a bottle of meguars quick wax to try it out and i put it on my trunk right after i waxed it.. it started slidign down and it actually made really little scratches. i'm a real moron. I guess the StratchX is the next step [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-08-2002
Registered!!

Bethany is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you think it would work as good on a red car? Also, how long does it last before it wears off and you can see the scratches again, because i've used some stuff before that covers the scratches good for about two weeks and then it's back to the way it was before.
Old 06-08-2002
Registered!!

Bethany, I have a EBP car and I just used it today...it worked great, so it should work ok for you. I know what you are talking about when u say that the stuff wears off...basically once you get the car all shined up using ANY wax, you don't really see the scratches...but once it gets washed or if you have been driving in the rain, that is when it wears off....it is almost like the oils in the wax get washed away...weird!

2Hottie
Old 06-13-2002
Registered!!

CIVICMAN67 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am sorry, IMO it did work that well for my car. It must just be me, I even used some 3m swirl mark remover for dark cars and got not so good results. If it worked for you guys..awesome!
Old 07-17-2002
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm using this stuff tomorrow.. I curbed my bumper today, and there's a couple big scratches, a couple deep ones, and some small ones. I'm getting touch-up paint and scratch X. what else do i need?
Old 07-26-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRiceBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
a new Paint JOB, unless you dont care how ur car looks then go ahead and use touch up paint
Old 07-26-2002
Registered!!

cable is an unknown quantity at this point
waddup everyone?
how well does this work on silver cars? my sister's car got this huge scratch on it...its not deep, but its noticable. i ran my fingers over it and you cant really feel the scratch mark....its just there...would this sutff work really well on it? how should i go about getting rid of it.
thanks
Old 07-26-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: cable
waddup everyone?
how well does this work on silver cars? my sister's car got this huge scratch on it...its not deep, but its noticable. i ran my fingers over it and you cant really feel the scratch mark....its just there...would this sutff work really well on it? how should i go about getting rid of it.
thanks[hr]

If you can feel the scratch with your fingers, its not really going to be helped by the Scratch X. My bro had the same prob on his gas tank door and he was saying it didn't help..I felt the scratch and you could feel it, therefore, Scratch X could not help...

2Hottie
Old 07-26-2002
Registered!!

cable is an unknown quantity at this point
ahhh! ic...ya, the scratch is long...some parts i can kinda feel, others parts are smoothe...so i figure it can get rid of some of the scratch....
any other suggestions i can do?

thanks for the info