Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Do It Yourself Car Wash Soap

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
Do It Yourself Car Wash Soap

Since I'm at school the only way I can wash my car is to go to a do-it yourself place (never gonna go to carwash) Well by accident I pushed the prewash button instead of just water and it started spraying soap on my car. This pink colored soap blows. It left streaks on my car (black) and it was a real pain to get off. I DO NOT recommend the stuff, not that I wanted to use it anyways. So I had to spend the extra money and rinse off my car a couple of times and it still didn't look as good as it usually does. Well I guess I have to suck it up till summer when I go home. -just a little bit peeved and needed to vent
Old 05-07-2002
www.ImportFactor.Com

WhosYoDadday85 should not be trustedWhosYoDadday85 should not be trusted
Eh? I say go buy some Meguires car soap....it will work wonders

Also, stay away from those DIY car wash places with those high powered hoses....they can actually make your car paint and clearcoat worse because the pressure can push particles into the paint/clearcoat...

I went to one of those things like twice, and I have little brown specs of crap in my rear bumper...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] Oh well the bumper is gonna get painted when I get my kit installed
Old 05-08-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
ya I had soap, but by accident pressed the wash w/ soap. If you don't squeeze the high pressure washer it sprays a light spray so it won't hurt my paint. This is the only way I can clean my car while at school. Ohh well, in three more weeks I'll be home for the summer.