Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Car got owned, need help with detail!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice
Car got owned, need help with detail!!

Hey guys, I was riding home on the interstate late last night and a f**king semi blew out a tire in front of me. I had no way to avoid it. I'm lucky that it didn't do more to my car than it did. The tread of the tire hit my car dead middle on my lip. It doesn't look like it jacked up the paint too bad but the is like rubber skid marks on my lip. I was wondering if a clay bar would get that off?? Any help is much appreciated.
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: Car got owned, need help with detail!!

id prolly try bug and tar remover first, cuz itll ruin that clay bar, then maybe try some goo gone, that works well too, clay bars are not designed to remove something that thick
Old 09-19-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

k. should i be able to get it off?
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

i would think so, its gonna take some work tho, its not gonna b easy, just dont use anything too abrasive, itll tear up the paint, cotton or terry cloth is all id use, the goo gone will prolly work best, thats what its designed for is gum, adhesives, tar and ****, works well inside the house too
Old 09-19-2007
Registered!!

cool. im just glad the tire was torn up so it didn't bounce. could have seriously f**ked up my car
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

yea, like going through ur windshield or worse, good luck
Old 09-19-2007
Registered!!

i got rid of like all of it. it did a small amount of paint damage but that will be covered up when i put my lip kit on
Old 09-19-2007
Banned

what did u use to get it off
Old 09-19-2007
Registered!!

just bug cleaner stuff i had at the house. i'm going to use a clay bar tomorrow on my whole car so i'm going to see if that helps more