Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

best cleaner to wash tinted windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iamboo is on a distinguished road
best cleaner to wash tinted windows

i heard using windex on tint turns them purple and induces cracking... so my question is... what is the best cleaner/ solution that is out that'll clean my tinted windows without damaging my tint??
Old 03-18-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
You want something that is amonia free. I just use plain water and a terry cloth towel. No need for soap unless you have some really nasty stuff. Although, water has always worked for me.
Old 03-18-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
use eagle one 20/20 - its ammonia free so tint safe... and it works awesome, no streaks... works good for me and my tint
Old 03-18-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I use Armor All Auto Glass Cleaner, had my tint re done 2 times for a darker darkness but yeah never had a problem with it always looked awesome like the tint was just done. Safe for tinted windows too, says so on the bottle

Nick
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

ROBREALZCIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I use Armor All Auto Glass Cleaner, had my tint re done 2 times for a darker darkness but yeah never had a problem with it always looked awesome like the tint was just done. Safe for tinted windows too, says so on the bottle

Nick
>>

What grade tint did you upgrade from and to, and how is the difference? Also do cops mess with you?
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
as long as you dont tint your front windows the cops can't mess with you - in most areas anyways.

refer to the bottom of this link for canadian/us tint law links
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

&lt;&lt;What grade tint did you upgrade from and to, and how is the difference? Also do cops mess with you?&gt;&gt;

Well I originally had the civic with Solar Gard HPC 6% on the back 3 windows and so I could get the warranty I went with HPC 32% on my front 2 side windows, with a limo tint strip on the windshield (I have the coupe Model) that was back in August. Then December I got the front 2 sides taken off and had HPC Solar Gard 22% put on for like $71.50 thats including the stripping and re tint. 32% to me just wasn't dark enough and gave myself no privacy out here in AZ with all the UV's and Sun. Then after a few days I noticed that the 22% film had a huge slice in the film and of course it wasn't under warranty so they wouldn't fix it.

So after watching too much of the Fast and the Furious and checking out rides on 2k1civic.com, I really liked the Limo tint on all 5 windows plus I wanted more privacy, so after talking to people in Phoenix and around about Limo tint and my tint guy. He told me that even if I did have problems with the tint he would hook me up if I ever get a Fix it Ticket, but he has had illegal tint on his trucks for like 7 years and only got one ticket for it in that time so. His truck has like 6% limo tint all 5 windows and like 22% on the front windshield LOL. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] I went down and he charged me $80 for the tint job for striping and re tint and did a excellent job that was last Friday so the tint hasn't totally dried but it looks awesome all my tint matches now. Also he offered me a warranty for the work and if the film bubbles, so that was a extra plus why I payed a little more and went with him.

When I talked to the tint guy I wanted to go to 13% but he told me since I keep going down I might as well just get 6% limo tint their really isn't much of a difference most people do limo in the back 3 and like 22% in the front 2 windows and never have a problem, so he never carries the 13% becaue people just go straight to limo after 22%.

I recommend well 32% if your laws are no tint on the front doors, Arizona its 32, so isn't worth the money in my mind, it gives you some shade definately. 22% I would go with on the front if you have tuff cops in your town, its a lot better darkness than 32 or you could go 13%. I have the 6% on my doors and its awesome for the day time and night time isn't as bad as people say and the cops I have seen have sort of glanced but they haven't really pulled me over, plus I have a sunroof too so that helps on if you see a cop. See a cop and worried just roll the windows down lol, thats what I do here in my small town they are nasty mothers.

Hope that answered the question,
If not let me know
Just my thoughts do what you want I am not a cop so I have no clue what I would pull you over with, my neighbor is one though he is a pain in the [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG] he lectured me when I had clear tail lights about how they were illegal and he would get me for them, and my out of state plates then he writes my mom a ticket for her out of state plates. Who knows

Nick
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
I use the eagle 20/20 also and love it
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic, what a very long story about your tint!!

my poor tint has recently become scarred... someone put a hole in my driver side window tint... just a tiny little hole - i was considering looking into finding a tint pen to cover it over... oh well, its not that major... if anything itll teach my stupid passengers not to apply keys or other sharp and possibly hazardous objects against my tint.

Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

Holes and scratches in tint are a pain, just ruins your day having to look at it. But yeah refrain those passengers from keeping objects near the tint, or if they wanna pay for more tint then more power to them just give me the money first LOL [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

Nick
Old 03-20-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys would be surprised how well water and a terry cloth towel works on tint. Clean, streak free, and no risk to the tint whatsoever.
Old 03-21-2002
Registered!!

yeah water & terry towels does the chore, but i prefer to use eagle one 20/20 since it cost me $4 CDN at canadian tire for a huge bottle and goes on fast comes off fast no streaks no mess no worries. if anything... its all about the spray bottle for me [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2002
Registered!!

PimpDave is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm ic ic
Old 04-11-2002
Registered!!

Phatster is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 3.4% tint and the cops have you to mess with me. Knock on wood. But the cops arent that bad around here to were they will bust you for your tint