Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Baby Whipes Good or Bad for Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BiGDoG is on a distinguished road
Baby Whipes Good or Bad for Paint?

Will baby wipes ruin the paint on the car?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] The reason i ask is every morning i walk to my car i find bird **** all over it and Im tired of going back in the house just to get a wet towel to clean that **** off. You know i wanna have the baby wipes inside my car and just use them as needed. ... Peace
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point
I know what you mean about those damn birds, I guess baby wipes are better to use than just leaving the crap on the car, but I'd be a little concerned about the chemical make-up of the wipes. Some may have small amounts of alcohol or other things like Lemon juice. I'd prefer just a plain wet towel, but I guess if you keep the paint waxed regularly than you shouldn't have a problem.

Personally I wouldn't use them, just my 2¢
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Someone knows my pain! Every frikkkken morning I have to clean Bird poop off each side of my car. The birds call my call the sheitter or something. Anyhow, I keep meguiars quick detailer and some paper towels in the car to take care of the poop. Not sure about the baby wipes. I have a 2 yr old so I have had my share of wipes. Just looked at bottom of wipes box for ingredients, too many things that I have no idea what they are. Heck, if you can put them on a baby's skin, they should be ok for the car.
Old 03-13-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Mbow...Dont use paper towels on your car....you will scratch the paint. To get the bird crap off you wanna make sure that you soak the crap with 5 minute detailer or soapy water until it is good and soft. Then you can wipe it off with a wet soft towel. If you use a dry towel you are at a risk of scratching the paint. I got bombed the other day at work...It was so bad i had to go home and wash te car to get it all off.
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

sailorboy is an unknown quantity at this point
I just started using Zaino wax recommended by other members, and so far bird crap flakes right off with a flick of the finger. Just use the baby wipes to clean your hands.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] I said so far beacause it's still cold outside and I wonder what happens when it gets hot and bakes a little.
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

CIVICMAN67 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think baby wipes are a good thing for that.....
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

<< Mbow...Dont use paper towels on your car....you will scratch the paint. To get the bird crap off you wanna make sure that you soak the crap with 5 minute detailer or soapy water until it is good and soft. Then you can wipe it off with a wet soft towel. If you use a dry towel you are at a risk of scratching the paint. I got bombed the other day at work...It was so bad i had to go home and wash te car to get it all off. >>

Yea, I didn't think the paper towels were a real good idea. However, I am usually in a rush and figure some surface scratches are better than poop stains. Anyhow, I will trade the paper towels out for a terry cloth towel. I get bombed every day by the way, literally. I can look out my window and see the sparrows sitting on my side view mirrows all day long! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-13-2002
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
They just do it cause they know it pisses you off lol....
Old 03-13-2002
Eat poo & Choke ...I don't eat ham cuz my last name is HAM !!!!

Location: Palisades Park/Rutherford, New Jersey/in ur CORNHOLE, US
whowhatwhoa is a jewel in the roughwhowhatwhoa is a jewel in the roughwhowhatwhoa is a jewel in the rough

<< Will baby wipes ruin the paint on the car?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] The reason i ask is every morning i walk to my car i find bird **** all over it and Im tired of going back in the house just to get a wet towel to clean that **** off. You know i wanna have the baby wipes inside my car and just use them as needed. ... Peace >>

rich juss becuase you wipe ur butt with it doesn't mean u can wipe ur car with it
Old 03-13-2002
Registered!!

<<

<< Will baby wipes ruin the paint on the car?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] The reason i ask is every morning i walk to my car i find bird **** all over it and Im tired of going back in the house just to get a wet towel to clean that **** off. You know i wanna have the baby wipes inside my car and just use them as needed. ... Peace >>

rich juss becuase you wipe ur butt with it doesn't mean u can wipe ur car with it
>>

LMAO [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-14-2002
Registered!!

<< rich juss becuase you wipe ur butt with it doesn't mean u can wipe ur car with it >>

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG] ... [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-14-2002
Eat poo & Choke ...I don't eat ham cuz my last name is HAM !!!!

Location: Palisades Park/Rutherford, New Jersey/in ur CORNHOLE, US
whowhatwhoa is a jewel in the roughwhowhatwhoa is a jewel in the roughwhowhatwhoa is a jewel in the rough
dun't get mad poofball
Old 03-14-2002
Registered!!

Im not mad [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] ... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] ... [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG] &lt;--- Corona, Want one? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]