Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

need help on suggesting car waxing before an indoor show

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill02civic will become famous soon enoughill02civic will become famous soon enough
need help on suggesting car waxing before an indoor show

aiight fellazzzzz ....im going to an indoor show tomorrow and sunday.....i found the Meguiar`s Gold Class wax ...then at the show im plannin on using Meguiar`s NXT Generation Spray Wax ...let me know if the gold class wax would do the job ..thank heres some pix of it ...now do i really need the clay bar ??? what will that do to my car ? greatly appreciated

Old 07-28-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
If your going to a show, the clay bar is definetly worth it. It will remove any surface contaminates and leave the paint smooth like glass and also give you a smooth clean surface to work with. After you have clayed and washed the car, you need to use a good pure polish like Meguiar #7 show car glaze, its awesome, just wipe on and wipe off. Then follow it up with 2 thin coats of the gold class wax. Dont get the NXT spray wax, get the NXT Speed Detailer it will be much better for your application and is easier to use.

Also don't forget to clean your wheel wells, rims, brakes, and engine bay. Also make sure to clean your tires with a tire brush so that any tire shine you use will stick. I suggest NXT Insane Tire Shine. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

ill02civic will become famous soon enoughill02civic will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by soonercivic
If your going to a show, the clay bar is definetly worth it. It will remove any surface contaminates and leave the paint smooth like glass and also give you a smooth clean surface to work with. After you have clayed and washed the car, you need to use a good pure polish like Meguiar #7 show car glaze, its awesome, just wipe on and wipe off. Then follow it up with 2 thin coats of the gold class wax. Dont get the NXT spray wax, get the NXT Speed Detailer it will be much better for your application and is easier to use.

Also don't forget to clean your wheel wells, rims, brakes, and engine bay. Also make sure to clean your tires with a tire brush so that any tire shine you use will stick. I suggest NXT Insane Tire Shine. Good luck.

thanks bro .....