Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

best tire dressing

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
astr033 is an unknown quantity at this point
best tire dressing

I know I read some posts in a thread sometime in the past where people talked about the different types of tire dressing that they use. For some reason I can't come up with that thread in the search toolbar (I searched for tire, tires, dressing, armorall, armor all). I think I remember some people not liking armor all for use on tires. Is this true? I have some Meguiar's spray-on stuff for vinyl and it says it can be used on tires. Anyone ever use this stuff? (it's in a red spray bottle). Thanks!
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

StreetTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey, what's up? If i were you, i would stick to a product specifically for the tires. I use Eagle 1 Tire Gel for my tires and they keep that wet look for a long @$$ time! Goin on 7 days and they still havn't even begun to fade. As for armorall, I wouldn't even bother....not unless you're poor or something. Hahah.

Late
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

OUTLAW is an unknown quantity at this point
I use Meguiars Endurance High Gloss. It is good. But any tire dressing is good if you do it every week. But with the Meguiars, Mothers, and Eagle One products it has to be done twice a month.
Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

astr033 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the help. I'll run over to AutoZone tomorrow. I fear I've been neglecting my tires too long!
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Meguiars Edurance Regular shine.....great stuff....last quite a while
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

MikeyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Meguiars, too. Does anyone else think it smells sort of like grape?? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
the complaints (in the thread you referred to, i remember it) were about armorall tire shine... the people who were complaining said it turned the tires brown over time... later on in that same thread, there were some suggestions by someone who hadn't had the same result as to why the tires would turn brown over time... the armorall tire shine puts a waxy coating over the tires.. specifically a black wax coating... if the tires aren't thoroughly cleaned previous to the use of this stuff, the dirt will get trapped under the waxy coating, and as that coating wears off, brown reappears...

I use armorall, and have had no problems with it... but ya gotta remember to wipe off the excess from your rims (or in my case, hubcaps) coz the drips leave black lines all over... so the 'spray and walk away!' thing isn't exactly right. Unless maybe i just spray too much... but o well [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

Tires turn brown as they age, it is simple as that.

Your tires also need to be super clean before applying anything to them.

I usually just use the armorall tire spray, wiping the excess off of course, and once it dries, I apply the meguiars edurance gel. Yes, it smells like grapes.
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
black magic tire tint. been on for two weeks, traveled 500 miles, still black and shiny and no silicone spinoff! I've tried meguiars, armor all, stp sonofagun, eagle one wet. meguiars is ok, but doesn't seem to work as well as the black magic. Just my 2 cents.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

I think I will try some of the black magic tire tint stuff. The meguiars works great but no matter what I do, I get tons of spin off.
Old 03-05-2002
Registered!!

the black magic tire tint comes with a applicator sponge too. I always overlooked the stuff until recently, cause i thought it was too "ricey" cause there's blue and red tint, but i just got the silver stuff and it looks good. Price is about 4-5 bucks.
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

jsmove is an unknown quantity at this point
I've use the meguiars tire stuff in the red bottle and it sucks it always spins off I like meguiars so I tried meguiars endurance high gloss and I love the stuff
it stays on for about two weeks I paid $10.00 at auto zone for it .
Old 03-28-2002
Registered!!

theSHADIEST is an unknown quantity at this point
Meguiars High Enduarance...WORKS WONDERS FOR ME....lasts weeks like the label says...
Old 04-22-2002
Registered!!

nonbiasjeepowner is an unknown quantity at this point
yes it doesn smell like grapes, but doesn't taste like em......jk
Old 05-01-2002
Registered!!

Zaskar2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am not a person to be suckered in but at the cleveland car show there was a guy there that had this tire crap that looked pretty nice...spray on. So i bought and man let me tell it is great. I have a silver coupe and usually there is spray that goes on the paint but this stuff does not do it at all .. the can lasts forever also
the website is http://www.supershinedetail.com/lookswet.html

give it a shot ull like
-Zaskar
Old 05-01-2002
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
I've got about one use of armorall left (it didnt last very long [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]) next time i think im gonna either go with black magic tire wet or meguiars... will post results here [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-01-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Brill try to stay away from Armorall. There are many products on the market that are much better than this stuff. Other than it not lasting that long, it is water soluble. That means it will dissolve and dissapear when it rains or when you wash your car. It also leaves your tires brown. If you are going to use anything on your tires, make sure it is a silicon based tire dressing. You will get the longest shine from this type. I use a commercial product, but I also use Eagle one in the black aerosol can. I find that it works the best out of the spray and walk away dressings.
Old 05-01-2002
Registered!!

yeah i wasn't happy with the results of the armorall... unfortunately it was literally the only stuff available in town when i bought it... since then I see meguiars and black magic have arrived in stores here so i was planning on going for some of that.

I will take you advice on the silicon tho.. sounds coo [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Oh and i find the armorall also tends to attract dirt... like the first few times I used it I didn't bother to wipe the excess off my hubcaps... and it dripped down... took it out for a spin and by the time i got home the hubcaps (where the armorall had dried) was totally dirty... I have the feeling this is why the tires go brown with this stuff... just coz it attracts dirt and dust. a pressure wash usually gets it all off.
Old 05-02-2002
Registered!!

civicdude, have u ever tried the black magic tire tint? i know your into detailing, just thought if you have, have you found anything better? and if you haven't you gotta try this stuff out, but dont use the red tint, i'd recommend the silver tint.
Old 05-02-2002
Premium Member

Thats not for me.....I dont like that stuff
Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

i know thats what i used to think until i tried it, the silver stuff looks basically same as any other tire dressing, except for very light silver specs. i thought that way too, but seriously, you should try this stuff.
Old 05-03-2002
Premium Member

Nah...Ill stick with the Blu Blaze that I use. It is the same stuff that they use at the car dealers...Smells like watermelon...yummy
Old 05-03-2002
Registered!!

ce01cvcex is an unknown quantity at this point
i like a combination of the meguiers high endurance (2 coats) then, after it soaks in or whatever, after about 10 minutes, then apply the black magic. "lasts weeks not days", just like it says on the bottle.