Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

New tints

Old 05-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
New tints

I picked up my car around noon and it has bubbles in the tint
both sides and rear. I was told this is normal????? and will go away in a few days. The guy said I have to bring it back next week for their inspection and will issue a lifetime warranty or replace the tint. (they have good rep)
Just asking if anyone else had this experience?
Old 05-27-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
Yes very normal.
I was lucky and got mine in the summer.
Old 06-02-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yea you need to let it all dry, it will evaporate and stick once it settles. one week later then see what it looks like.
Old 06-06-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by gearbox
yea you need to let it all dry, it will evaporate and stick once it settles. one week later then see what it looks like.
OK Over a week and some, there are still "tiny" bubbles in the tint. Maybe bubbles is the wrong word but i can see very tiny spots, kinda like water stains?
Don't get me wrong, happy with the job, just curious.
Old 06-06-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
did you clean the tint yet? you need to get a wet cloth (yes completely wet almost dripping) with water and wipe down the insides very well. there is still alot of residue and stuff they use. it gets everywhere and must be removed. once you wash them with the water cloth, dry them off and polish clean with a microfiber. post some pic after that if the problem is still there. you will always have some bubble and wrinkle since its still just film and cant be applied perfectly, especially on our cars with all those bumpy places around the window.