Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Buffer/Polisher

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
izmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really niceizmaxx is just really nice
Buffer/Polisher

Anybody have recommendations on power buffer/polishers under $100?

Tired of killing my arms doing this stuff manually and I'm looking to pick one of these up.
Old 05-22-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
Work Out For A Week And Use Your Left And Right Hand. Lol.
Good Luck Finding A Quality One Under 100. Those Orbital Ones They Sell And Autozone Are A Waste Of Money. Save Up And Get A Good Professional Grade One For 200+. Invest In Your Car. Dont Waste Money Just To Find Out What You Got Isnt Worth What You Payed.
Old 05-23-2006
Registered!!

Tdoan14 is a jewel in the roughTdoan14 is a jewel in the roughTdoan14 is a jewel in the rough
You can pick up a PC7336sp at lowes for around $130.
Old 05-23-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
^^ Thats a rip off, I got mine at lowes for $99. Maybe it was on sale. There is no need to spend 200 bucks on just the polisher, maybe a rotary, but nothing that a weekend detailer would use. The Porter Cable 7336SP will be your best bet.
Old 05-23-2006
Registered!!

MeguiarsEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anything under $100.00 will not be effective for removing defects. They're basically a faster way to apply wax. Check out www.autodetailingsolution.com they have the Meguairs Dual Action Polisher for $150.00 with a lifetime warranty ready to use. Machines purchased at stores usually have a 1-3 year limited manufacturer warranty.
Old 05-23-2006

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Isn't the Meguiars DA manufactured by Porter Cable? Its similar to the PC 7224 I think, the difference being in the counterweight. The PC 7336 will do just as good a job, its almost the same thing, the counterweight difference isnt even noticable. Your just paying for a warranty and the Meguiars name on it. Don't get me wrong, I use only meguiars products, but this is one time when you can get the same thing for less. If the warranty is a big deal, buy the additional one from Lowes and still come out ahead.
Old 05-23-2006
Registered!!

MeguiarsEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
You're right, it is made by Porter Cable. Buying direct from us would cost $225.95. $149.99 tends the be the average price on a D/A polisher made by Porter regardless on who sells it. If you happen to buy the one with the porter cable name on it only has a limited warranty for $149.99. Buying the same machine made for Meguiar's at Autodetailingsolution.com would cost the same, but with a life time warranty. Just trying to get him a more beneficial route, not because it has our name on it.

Originally Posted by soonercivic
Isn't the Meguiars DA manufactured by Porter Cable? Its similar to the PC 7224 I think, the difference being in the counterweight. The PC 7336 will do just as good a job, its almost the same thing, the counterweight difference isnt even noticable. Your just paying for a warranty and the Meguiars name on it. Don't get me wrong, I use only meguiars products, but this is one time when you can get the same thing for less. If the warranty is a big deal, buy the additional one from Lowes and still come out ahead.
Old 05-23-2006

Like I said, I got the porter cable 7336sp, which is the same as the 7224 with a different counterweight, which is the same at the Meguiars DA, for $99 at lowes. I think its about 109 right now. If the lifetime warranty is worth 40-50 bucks + shipping to you, then the meguiars one is a great deal, however PC does make a very reliable product.
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

dugs05civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the PC7336, bought it 3 years ago at lowes for $109 and it works great, just dont use the polishing pad that comes with it cuz it is crap, no matter what you buy you will want to buy some good pads elsewhere.
Old 05-25-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
I have one on the way, bought it at autogeek.net. I got a combo package with pads and backing plate for like $180, would have cost like $230 if everything was bought separately.