Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

need help!.. scratch remover

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
raffstyle is an unknown quantity at this point
need help!.. scratch remover

ok.. this afternoon i decided to wash my car.. i cant find the regular sponge... i got this little thing that we used for washing the dishes that yellow thing with green on the other side. i know im so dumb! i used it! and i freakin scratch my paint on the hood, coz im trying to remove that tree sap. when i finished washing my car its all f***ed up! i try to use that scratchX... it help a little. is there any other scratch remover that really works?? pls... thanks in advance...
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

20civic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow...dunno what to say. 3m rubbing compound might help.
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

03CivicEX4Door is an unknown quantity at this point
i got alot of scratches on my car, some of them ae threw the paint and some are not, If it's not threw the paint use a clear coat rubbing compound. For the ones that are threw the paint i say use wet and dry sand paper and remove as much of the scratch as you can then use clear coat coumpound. hope this helps
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

Narfcake is an unknown quantity at this point
Try Turtle wax polishing compound. It's a bit more aggressive than ScratchX, which does have its place too. Rubbing compound is last resort, as it's harsher.

-- Kane
Old 08-22-2005
Registered!!

raffstyle is an unknown quantity at this point
if im going to use that rubbing compound do in need any machine buffer? or just used my hands coz it my damage the paint, the scratches are not that deep..so thanks for the reply..
Old 08-22-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
if you are going to use a rubbing compound, you can use it by hand, but machine application will be the best. You need to get a Dual Action polisher and some polishing pads. It will cost you around 150 for all of it. You can get a porter cable 7336sp at lowes for 100 bucks. However, depending on the depth of the scratches you may or may not be able to remove them. ScratchX is the best hand applied scratch remover around. It sometimes takes a few applications, but if you apply it on a small 1x1 foot area and work it for about 2-3 minutes it should help alot after a few applications. Machine polishing is definetly the best though. By the way, this should be in the detailing forum.
Old 08-22-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
dude, use polishing compound, not rubbing compound. Just do many applications.
Old 08-22-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i had major scratches from when the bodyshop sanded off the painted pinstriping. Well nothing was working as far as wax and stuff, so yesterday before waxing I picked up some KIT scratch remover and it worked great. You can't even tell there's anything wrong. Anyplace that has KIT wax should have the scratch remover.