Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

I don't care if this gets moved cuz it's kinda relevant to both

Old 08-10-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
I don't care if this gets moved cuz it's kinda relevant to both

Detailing and brakes...but how or is there a good porduct that can keep the rust color from taking over your drums? I'm using eagle one A-z and it does a good job but not taking the rust color (its not rust just dark orange brake dust and stuff) the drums or hubs
Old 08-10-2005
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Brake dust isnt something that you can just make not happen... you can keep cleaning it off but it will pretty much allways come back, it is created by using the brakes afterall.
Old 08-10-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
this may help...
http://www.petroferm.com/michelin/faq.htm
Old 08-10-2005
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Shroomster
Detailing and brakes...but how or is there a good porduct that can keep the rust color from taking over your drums? I'm using eagle one A-z and it does a good job but not taking the rust color (its not rust just dark orange brake dust and stuff) the drums or hubs
Clean-paint,clean-repaint,ect!
(break dust is not orange, rust is!)
Old 08-10-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
engine enamel.
Old 08-10-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
the only way to keep the rust off, like everyone else said, is to paint it. you gotta clean it really well first though. the drums are just bare metal, thats why they rust so easily. With the rotors, the only thing you can do is drive your car.
Old 08-10-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
yea...take a Dremel tool and sand off the surface. Next you have to prime it and finally give it 3-4 coats of with high temp paint.
Old 08-10-2005
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by YUL
yea...take a Dremel tool and sand off the surface. Next you have to prime it and finally give it 3-4 coats of with high temp paint.
^^ Yup, and paint them again in the spring
Old 08-10-2005
Broken Arm, How Am I Suppost To Shift

down_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusteddown_ should not be trusted
They make Ceramic Brake Pads, they cost about 130 for a pair. but there worth it.. i put 30K on them so far and . no brake dust.......