Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

meguiars #7 show car glaze vs Step-2 system

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
meguiars #7 show car glaze vs Step-2 system

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/produ...Glaze&sku=M-07

is this detail product considered a "polish"?

is the Step 2 system a better polish for a blue colored vehicle?
http://www.meguiars.com/estore/produ...olish&sku=A-21

pros and cons of both?
Old 07-12-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
While it is called a "glaze" it is the same as a polish. I guess glaze just sounds better, but they are all just polishes. #7 is a great polish, thats what i use on my NHBP. It adds a wonderful wet look. DC#2 is ok, it doesnt have nearly the amount of oils that are in #7, its easy to use and works well as a quick shine on top of an already waxed car. If you want to try #7, i would recommend using #81. Its essentially the same product polishing wise but #81 is more user friendly and easier to remove any excess. #7 and #81 are both in Meguiars Professional series. The professional series is harder to use, but provides better results in the end. DC#2 is part of the Consumer series, thus easier to find, use, and alot quicker.
Old 07-12-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Meguiar's #7 is a professional product line. The 2-step is your any old bottom line polish. There is no comparison. I've used #7 followed by nxt tech wax and I have never seen a silver car this shiny before. It really does make a difference.

I'm getting into the show scene and that means I need the paint looking its best. The nxt speed detailer is also a great way to wipe down the car while keeping the finish sparkling.

Old 07-12-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
This is #7 and NXT on NHBP

Old 07-12-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
It really stands out at night when all the lights reflect off it. The key with using #7 is apply sparingly and use lots of clean cloth to buff it clean. After you're done, there will still be a hazy film left. So you need to go over the whole car again with a microfiber towel before applying wax over it.

Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

SmiteSwift is an unknown quantity at this point
^^He's right, use sparingly, and I wouldn't even bother without a few microfiber towels. I have found Meg's Crystal Polish to work just as well as #7 with a lighter paint colors. However if you clay bar your car before polish, the results will be exceptional regardless of the polish you use.