Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Got my first return business as a detailer

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005
i like shiny cars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant future
Got my first return business as a detailer

About 1 1/2 weeks ago, I detailed a Porsche Carrera S4 for a guy. Car was in great shape as far as swirling. Had one scratch that I was able to minimize on front bumper. I could feel it with my fingernail in some areas and it was on a bumper. Bumpers and heat is not good .

Here are a few pics of the porsche.

Took me bout 6hrs to do taking my time with 45min lunch break.

Process:

Exterior
Wash Pinnacle Shampoo
Clay
Pinnacle Paint Cleanser
SSR 2.5 with PC
Meg's #7
S100
Pinnacle Souveran
IG on glass
Dress trim with some interior QD Spray ( UV Protectant)

Had a shitload of wax on the vents on the rear and all on the trim.. Pain in the ***. Had to resort to tooth picks with terry cloths to get alot of it off.

All Jambs wiped down and protected with spray wax.

Interior
Requested no chemicals
Basic wipe down and vacuum

Profit: 150bux and promise of other vehicles once i proved myself.

Well I got his wife's black mercedes 4 door soon, so im doing something right. If he wants the same treatment i'll prolly charge 225.

Wat do you guys think?
Old 07-05-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
good job man, i need myself a pc
Old 07-05-2005
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Damn $225 to detail his benz. I cannot get those prices here in NY. Where do you live? I charge between $125 and $150 to do a full detail and people look at me like I have 2 heads when I tell them that price.

I used to work for a porsche dealership and I use to detail Porsche, Vw's, Audis and Panos cars all the time. Porsche is prolly one of the easiest cars to do because with the interiors the owners usually just want the dash and door swiped down and just a vaccum. Thats what I have seen from when I use to work there.

You make a great profit on that porsche, especially for a car that wasnt that dirty from the beginning.

One question though, Why are the rotors so rusty?
Scott
Old 07-05-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
yea man.,..those rotors are rusty...offer the guy to clean it off next time he brings it in.
Old 07-05-2005
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
You cant clean the rust off the rotors...The car needs to be driven....Does the car sit a lot outside?
Old 07-05-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Looks great. There arent too many porsches around here. My brakes rust like that while im washing and waxing it. Just offer to clean it off, and then take it around the block about 45 times and charge an extra 20 bucks. Good to go!
Old 07-05-2005
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
nice job ron, go make that paper man! yea, the rotors are rusty due to the weather conditions and i'd assume that the car sits a good portion of the day. it doesnt take long for my rotors to look like that either maybe 1 or 2 days of not being driven. you guys dont have that problem up north
Old 07-05-2005
My Baby Daddy

PlasmaGT is on a distinguished road
Yeah, the same thing happens up here. A couple days sitting during the rainy season and the rotors on my nissan are nasty looking. Fotunately it only takes a short trip to remove it.
Old 07-05-2005
I survived that B*tch Katrina !!!

boombazokajoe91 is an unknown quantity at this point
balistek lives down da bayou in houma, louisiana...... that looks good ron... awesome job..