Help with Tinting - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2002   #1
Registered!!

Cross is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with Tinting

I have a 01 Civic Coupe. I got my car professionally tinted. I paid $195. Anyways it came out great on the sides and windows, except for the Rear Windshield. It looks nice but has 4 tiny bubbles from moisture or something. The dude had me come back in again and got them smaller leaving me 4 tiny bubbles from the beginning of having 8 quarter size. I don't know a heck of alot about tinting but I dont think he dried the window throughly. Anyways he said I can come back in again, or I can do it myself saving me the trouble. He gave me a little chisel to get it them out myself. He said to let it stay in the sun to dry somemore and to turn on the rear defrosters and to chiesel it out. He said in a week doing it every 2 days it should be gone.

Does anyone have any extra helpfull advice?

Randy
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002   #2
www.ImportFactor.Com

WhosYoDadday85 should not be trustedWhosYoDadday85 should not be trusted
If you just got it done, then it should be under warrenty....don't do it your self because then if you make a mistake, you could end up voiding your warranty. Take it back to them and have them do it, if they biatch, and don't then tell em that you will report them to the Better Business Beuro(SP?)...they usually listen after you slap them with the BBB comment [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]
WhosYoDadday85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002   #3
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
195? that was for 5 windows n not 3 right? even if it was for 5 thats expensive so you have every right to go b*tch about it.
VNlilMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002   #4
Registered!!

CIVIC9782 is an unknown quantity at this point
195 i s really high...I could mine done for 155 > i would first be mad because you paid so much and second they f*#@!d It all up. Take it to them to fix it.
CIVIC9782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002   #5
Giggity Giggity

Dakker is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow local guy here does them for $75 5 year warranty on Llumar tint any kind I want [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Dakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002   #6
Registered!!

brill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nicebrill is just really nice
take it back - you definately paid enough that you should get great service.

I got my rear 3 windows tinted on my sedan it cost $150 CDN which is currently $93 USD incl. metallic film.

When i had it done I was told to keep it out of the sun as much as possible for 1 week while it dries, don't wash it for a month, and don't roll down the windows for a week. He also mentioned if there were noticable bubbles it wasn't done properly.
brill is offline   Reply With Quote