Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Are "wax as you dry" products good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Are "wax as you dry" products good?

Hello! I was wondering if these products are recommended. I'm pretty lazy when it comes it waxing. I get impatient can get pretty tired after waxing for an hour.. So has anyone used a "wax as you dry" product? I know it's probably not a top notch way of waxing, but does it provide some protection if I use it about once a month?

Any recommendations? Thanks!
Old 05-31-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
It provides minimal protection. It works good as something to maintain a already waxed finish. As a primary wax though, spend some time and do it right.
Old 05-31-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I use Meguiars. Its prett decent. lasts about a week or two, but I have about 800 coats of it on my car by now. So I can go a month or two without it and still have a shinier car than most people. but its definately not top notch. The Meguiars NXT stuff is much better. I love that. I did my car, engine, engine bay, everything with it, sooo shiny.
Old 05-31-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
If your lazy, just use the NXT speed detailer after you wash and dry. Its a fine coat of wax that will add shine. If your looking for protection then you just need to get some regular wax for it.
Old 05-31-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Works nice for car shows and events where you need a quick shine, but it is definitely not a substitute for real wax