Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Detailing Your Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Detailing Your Car

Hey i was wondering what the S100 LSP was? I seen where people use this to finish up there car detailing, not for sure what it was. I want most shine out of my paint, what should i use from start to finish.
Old 05-22-2005
i like shiny cars

BaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant future
LSP means Last Step Process

S100 is a carnuba based wax that is designed for motorcycles, but it does wonders on vehicles too. All my pictures with reflections have s100 as the LSP. You can pick this up at any Harley Davidson shop. Its around 15-16 bux. The applicator is the best i have ever used. With s100 alot goes a long way.
Also, s100 has no cleaners, so you can layer it, but i wouldnt layer more than x2. Just for the purpose of an even coat of s100.

Thats pretty much it bout s100.
Old 05-22-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
How often do you use the S100? So my local Harley shop will carry this in stock?

Last edited by drew22mader; 05-22-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-22-2005
i like shiny cars

BaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant futureBaLisTek has a brilliant future
I do this as a summer job and im real picky. I wax monthly, but s100 should be good 2-3months. Just watch ur beading. Also, if you want it to look nice and feel awesome, realize wax is not the answer. Wax only protects the prep work.
If you havent did a detail on ur car, i suggest clay, paint cleaner, maybe a polish then top it with s100.

HD should have s100 in stock.

Post some pics up when its done.

Pce
Old 05-22-2005

Is it difficult to do? Someone said clay can be hard to work with. What kind of paint cleaner do you recommend. This the steps?

Wash
Clay
Wash
Paint Cleaner
Polish
S100
Old 05-22-2005
i like shiny cars

You can go two ways. Over the counter or Boutique (sp)

First OTC (cheaper) Just stick with Meguiars
They have a 3step paint cleaner, polish, then the wax. Just substitute the wax with s100.
I have used this on customer cars and i find it to work decently well.

Boutique ( Online Name Brands)

Klasse AIO Paint cleaner step
Vanilla Moose Mild Polish/Glaze
S100

Claying is fairly simple. Just remember to use plenty of lube. Do small sections so you dont skip parts. Do not apply alot of pressure on clay. Let the clay do its work. Knead clay often to keep a fresh surface ready.

There will be differnces in appearance between these two methods, just do you wanna fork out the money for the better products. That being said.. a skilled detailer can make an awesome appearance with almost any product as the end results lie in prep work.

Either choice will work for you.