Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

How much would

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
How much would

a complete detailing cost?? I know it will vary from place to place, but I was wondering what price range I could expect to see if I were to take my car into a body shop, have all the dings/dents removed, polished/waxed, maybe a clear coat for some extra gloss. I'm really really really tired of having all these tiny dings everywhere on my car!!!
Old 11-02-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
me too, I gots a ton of dings/dents all over my car, especially my trunk. Good question, anybody?? I also have swirl marks I need to get rid of. How much would it also cost approx to remove those as well as to dents.
Old 11-02-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
shoot I have a crap load of dinks and dents too from doors and etc. I went to the place where my wife got her hail damage out and they told me $100 for them all. I was like huh? I thought it would a been a lot more but go and get an estimate it may surprise you....
Old 11-02-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
PDR? im guessing so. My girl got a card from one the other day, so I will have to give them a call.
Old 11-02-2004
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
$100-200 sounds about right for the detail and swirl removal.. ... id think it would be more for the dent removal and stuff though.. but not really sure..

id stay away from the cheapest place you can find though.. this guy i work with had a super nice solid paintjob on his altima.. he took it to some place that was like "yeah we'll do it for $75"... they burnt the crap out of his whole car and on the hood they went through the paint around the left headlight.. he had to cover the whole bill to get it repainted cuz they had some legal mumbojumb disclamer crap about how they are not responcible for anything that goes wrong..
Old 11-03-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
For one....don't take your car to a body shop for a detail. Find a professional detailer not a professional body man. I have yet to meet a bodyshop owne who knows how to detail a car any good.

As far as dent removal goes, some higher end detail shops will offer this service. For a full detail I would say about $200 and the dent removal will all depend on what they charge and how big the dents are and how many and how easy they will be to fix. If you take it to a place that says $100 or less for a detail find another place. Those $99.95 details you see are usually done buy some guy working on "quantity not quality" and the proucts they use are usually just fillers to hide swirls not remove swirls. If I were you I would jump on www.detailcity.com and find someone in your area or get recommendations on places to go in your area.

That is my two cents so take it for what it is worth.
Old 11-03-2004
How many pots have you smoken?

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
^^ Hey thanks for the info
Old 11-05-2004
Registered!!

CIVICMP02 is an unknown quantity at this point
i work at carmax and our detail runs about 175- 200. PDR (paintless dent removal) gets expensive depending on what you need done.