Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Reccomendation On Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NaSh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Reccomendation On Cleaner

hey guys I was just curious what do you think I should use to clean my windows.....my rear window....no matter what I do ends up fogging up and the defrosters don't fix the problem....it fogs up even if its 10 at night or 4 in the afternoon. I've tried using that Eagle One Soap....Windex....I've tried using multiple towels....and I even tried just cleaning it with some tissue so I wouldn't be using any sort of towel incase of dirt...but it still keeps fogging up...any reccomendations?
Old 09-08-2004
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
This is what we do and it seems to work great!....
Spray the window with Stoners Invisible Glass
Wipe the window down using a microfiber towel
Wipe it down again using another dry microfiber towel...
No streaks or worries!
Old 09-08-2004
Registered!!

jonw440 is an unknown quantity at this point
Two words."1Z ,Sonus" The 1Z Glass cleaner along with a Sonus Detailing Micro Fiber towel will give streak free glass. I "used to use" newspaer and Eagle one 20/20 or Stoners Invisable glass. I would still have a few streaks. I could not get streak free glass. BUT once I used the 1Z Glass cleaner and the Sonus MF I now have streak free glass!

1Z Glass Cleaner
SONUS detailing towel
Old 09-08-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Eagle One 20/20 and two cotton cloths. Spray and clean with one, and wipe it down again with the dry cloth.
Old 09-09-2004
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Its not going to matter what type of glass cleaner you use. That is not going to help what you are experiencing. If you did a search you would find many posts that are related to this problem. Since day 1 7th gen civics have had the problem of the foggy rear window, and no glass cleaner or defogger will help it. What you need to do is to get some White Vinegar. Pour it on a towel, and wipe the glass down with it good. After you wipe it in good, remove the vinegar with another towel. It will stink...So keep your windows open for a little while after.

This works. I have done it in many 7th gens that I have detailed.
Old 09-09-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Does that ruin the defogger lines? I want to try this cause every morning there is fog on all the windows.
Old 09-09-2004
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
vinegar and newspaper is the best. smells for a bit but if u have the windows down and u on the freeway goes away in 5 min or less. just make sure when using newspaper to wipe dont go over stickers since it will color the stickers a little.
Old 09-16-2004
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
ok how do i hit u back when u dont put your name on the rep
Old 09-20-2004
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
You don't have to worry about the rear defroster lines...the vinegar will not damage it
Old 09-20-2004
I can resist everything except temptation.

ffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the roughffokuf is a jewel in the rough
Will using vinegar work even if the window is tinted?
Old 10-08-2004
Registered!!

slowciv is an unknown quantity at this point
its not related but i have really bad water spots on my windows from the sprinklers in the morning, i cant get it off and almost as if its baked on the window, it gets over a 100 degee here.. iv tried to get it off but not completly anyone kno whatto use?
Old 10-08-2004
Registered!!

NaSh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by slowciv
its not related but i have really bad water spots on my windows from the sprinklers in the morning, i cant get it off and almost as if its baked on the window, it gets over a 100 degee here.. iv tried to get it off but not completly anyone kno whatto use?
from what i know use a little wax or something....if you goto like kragen or pep boys just ask them what will take it out i'm sure they will point something out but i've heard wax works