Overspray - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2004   #1
Registered!!

Canadian2k4Si is an unknown quantity at this point
Overspray

I recently had my front bumper repainted and just noticed that I have overspray all over my vehicle. I think it's just clearcoat but you can definitly feel it on the windows. What is the best way to get rid of it? Will a clay bar work? Another quick question is how much do most detail places charge for a complete detail, I don't have time to do it myself.
Canadian2k4Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004   #2
The only job I need is a blowjob
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
i just had my bodyman buff my entire car and wax it and it is absolutely beautiful

he normally charges $150, but he only charged me $100.
civic01vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004   #3
Registered!!

Ya that's what this guy wants to charge me, 150 bucks. So yours didn't include interior?
Old 08-18-2004   #4

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian2k4Si
Ya that's what this guy wants to charge me, 150 bucks. So yours didn't include interior?

naw, but i didn't mind paying for the job i got.......this guy is one of the best

But take your car to a person that you trust.
Old 08-18-2004   #5

wait, mine is in U.S. dollars.........i am guessing by ur sn that you are canadian ????
Old 08-19-2004   #6
Welcome To Prime Time, BITCH!

GrayGhost is on a distinguished road
Damn, I do detailing for Honda. And I also do jobs on the side. I guess I'm gonna have to raise my side prices because I'm only charging $75 for buffing, polishing, and waxing.
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #7
Welcome To Prime Time, BITCH!

GrayGhost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian2k4Si
I recently had my front bumper repainted and just noticed that I have overspray all over my vehicle. I think it's just clearcoat but you can definitly feel it on the windows. What is the best way to get rid of it? Will a clay bar work? Another quick question is how much do most detail places charge for a complete detail, I don't have time to do it myself.

Yes, a clay bar will be your cheapest and prob best way to go. Just make sure you get the car waxed afterwards.
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #8
Registered!!

Alright well I just got my car back and it looks awsome. I think 150 bucks is pretty high but they said because of the overspray it took a lot longer and they waxed it twice.
Old 08-19-2004   #9
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic01vtec
this guy is one of the best
the same guy that painted your CF hood completly black when you asked him just to do the sides?
hustlelikem0fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #10
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
use the clay bar and see what happens. it should work.... clay bar works wonders! i had some real bad water spots on my paint and windshield, and the clay bar took em right out. just make sure to polish and wax after, and you'll be good to go.
rckdrmr is offline   Reply With Quote