Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

will this be ok?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura aboutrokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura about
will this be ok?

Ok I got the claybar system, scratch/swirl remover,polish and wax all by meguiars. Now when should I do the swirl remover? and would it be ok to divide all this up over 2 days? like clay wash polish one day than everything else the next day? I did search!

thanx in advance
Old 04-20-2004
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: will this be ok?

Sounds pretty good. Try to do everything on one day. People tend to forget about it if they don't continue and finish the job. If you going to do in a two day period try to keep the vehicle clean, in the shade, away from trees that may have sap, and clean. Do you mind telling me what exactly did you purchase from Meguiar's?

Originally posted by rokenrolcivic
Ok I got the claybar system, scratch/swirl remover,polish and wax all by meguiars. Now when should I do the swirl remover? and would it be ok to divide all this up over 2 days? like clay wash polish one day than everything else the next day? I did search!

thanx in advance
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

rokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura aboutrokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura about
I actually have the mothers claybar system and than the tube of meguiars sratch/swirl remover and the maroon colour bottles of meguiars polish(step 2) and the wax (step 3)

What step should the swirl/scratch remover be??????
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
i agree with meguiars em. try to do it all in one day. your car will be clean and you may run the risk of getting dirt on it, if you do it another day. then you'll have to re-wash it again, also you may run the risk of scratching the paint if you apply all the products when it's dirty.
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

mogwai will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by rokenrolcivic
What step should the swirl/scratch remover be??????
Just follow them in the order you listed in your first post. The swirl remover would be best after claying.

And yeah, I agree with the rest saying that you should try to do it all in one day. If you decide to do it in two days, as mentioned, you'll have to wash your car again to get rid of any dust, etc...
Old 04-20-2004
Registered!!

thanx alot guys