Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

What do the less fortunate do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
biohazard is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy What do the less fortunate do?

Okay, so here's my deal.
I want to keep my car clean, but everything goes against me...

1) I live in an apartment, and don't have a garage. All the parking is on street or in a lot. I don't even have a carport. (I'm sure the college kids can sympathize.)
2) I live in San Diego, where it's really humid, and dew/frost forms on the car every night.
3) With all the fires here, the ash, dust and dirt are in the air constantly.

Result: Even if I did wash my car, by nighttime, windows would fog/frost up. By daytime, the fog/frost would drip, and the drips would form on the window, and the dust in the air would stick to the moisture overnight.

And *DING*-- instant dirty car.

What can I do? This takes all the desire out of even detailing my car, let alone even washing it.
What do others do? Especially those on a budget...
I'm not the ONLY one with out a garage, am I?
Old 12-19-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
no your not ! i park mine in my yard (grass) and in the morning time i see all the condensation on it to but by the time the sun starts coming out it dries it up and voila car still looks like new so umm i don't really have that problem when washing!
Old 12-19-2003
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
water resistant car cover

get this or a cheaper version
http://www.handa-accessories.com/civext01.html
Old 12-20-2003
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
just suck it up i guess, haha, or buy a garage, but dew does suck in the morning and snow and ice are even worse, i dont bother to clean me as often
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

bong is an unknown quantity at this point
I had that problem before. One of 2 things I did in the past was get an apt. with a garage. Another thing I did was get a white or silver car since you really can't see the water spots. Also, don't tint the windows...clear looks cleaner.
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

biohazard is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by bong
I had that problem before. One of 2 things I did in the past was get an apt. with a garage. Another thing I did was get a white or silver car since you really can't see the water spots. Also, don't tint the windows...clear looks cleaner.
Actually, I bought a silver car just for that reason. It sold me, the way it looked pretty clean even when dirty. However, I wound up tinting my windows. So now when the drip marks form every night and the dirt sticks to them, I can see them on the dark window real nice . So there's no real recourse, not that I can really see. Just grin and bear, huh?

Also, I work until night time (after the moisture starts accumulating), so the car cover wouldn't be really helpful. Unless I covered my car while at work, and it would kinda be weird sitting covered in a parking lot. Eh.

Last edited by biohazard; 12-23-2003 at 02:11 AM.