2 Windshield wiper questions - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2003   #1  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
2 Windshield wiper questions

First question.

My stock windshield wiper fluid ran out and I replaced it with the cheap Walmart stuff. It sucks. What kind do you use?

Second question.

When my wipers move across the windshield they streak like a ****. I cleaned the blades seperately using a washcloth with windshield wiper fluid on it, but they still streak. Does this happen to anyone else? It seems to be worse when there's only a little bit of water on my windshield and I turn them on. Sometimes it streaks so bad that I can barely see.

Thanks.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003   #2  
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
i use a little bit of dishwashing liquid and water !! LOL and i do mean a little bit !! not tyring to have a whole soapy as windshield!!
Mr.Modify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003   #3  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I just bought new wiper blades. Problem solved for $12.

For washer fluid I got some called apex from advance auto parts. Most of it is good if the freezing temp is -20 F or something.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003   #4  
Registered!!

grimace360 is an unknown quantity at this point
I started using the rain-x windshield wiper fluid it works good but is a little spendy. you will notice that you use your windshield wipers less and there are a lot less bugs on your glass. as far as the streaking i have it too. i just haven't changed out the blades yet. i mostly get blade hopping from the bass produced in the trunk.
grimace360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003   #5  
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
Get the Bosch Micro Edge Excel
FuzzBeC00L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004   #6  

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
apparently catz makes a all sillicon(sp?) blade and that is supposed to be the ****,no weather condition is supposed to affect it. check it out, or if someone has it then lemme know how it works
silverem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004   #7  
Registered!!

rokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura aboutrokenrolcivic has a spectacular aura about
I heard those teflon blades are suposed to be really good. Yeah mine streaks like a **** too. Think im gonna have to get some new blades too.

How long to stock blades usually last anyways?
rokenrolcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004   #8  

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
iunno, i would think that through a harsh winter they would be **** by summer, thats why people put in winter blades. i would assume tho that ours are both summer and winter.
silverem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004   #9  
Registered!!

lex990 is an unknown quantity at this point
i bought the silicon blades and i don't like em, they grab really bad when you glass is clean and they hop. i will go back to the normal higher quality regular blades next
lex990 is offline   Reply With Quote