Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Cheap Zymol vs Meguiars Gold Class

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zetaR is an unknown quantity at this point
Cheap Zymol vs Meguiars Gold Class

I bought the Zymol that you can buy in the stores to try it out. It actually worked really good. However, I have noticed one thing that didn't happen when I used Meguiars Gold Class. My car wasn't covered in dust the next day. Now, is this just something that happens with the Gold Class or could it have something to do with the following:

Waxed the car with Gold Class a few days after purchasing it. Looked great that day, but it had a light film of dust on it the next day (very noticeable up close). Waxed it again with Gold Class about a month later, same results. This took place late spring, early summer.

Waxed the other day with Zymol, didn't notice any quick dust buildup. Rained a couple days after waxing, so I went to wash it. No dust buildup, car stayed clean and shiny for a week before it rained again. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but when I washed my car recently I used the Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash for the first time.

Does anyone have any experience with both of these products? Is the Gold Class known to attract dust? Is the Zymol good at repelling dust? Or does it just due to change in environment (temperature, rain, etc.)?
Old 08-01-2003
Civicforums Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
ive used both...

the slickest surface, which can prevent some of the 'build-up', will come from doing the 3-step system...

thats what ive stuck with along with using the quik-detailer in between (actually, i use that every other day)