Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Thousands Of Rock Chips... Attn: Paint Experts

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Thousands Of Rock Chips... Attn: Paint Experts

last august i was in an accident (god damn firestones, but thats a different story) and i got myself a kaminari front fascia (urethane) to replace my stock front bumper. it was painted by keenan collision (keenan honda's body shop) within a week i had a couple rock chips, and over the winter (it was a bad winter here in PA), i got so many i cant even count them, but i dont think my estimate of over 1000 is low. you cant find a square inch anywhere on the bumper with less than 10 rock chips in it, ususally theres a lot more than that. and to make it worse, they all have a white ring around them because they used white primer on top of a black bumper on a black car. i also put a new stock grille on with factory paint, which has a couple rock chips, but not big ones and not very many, basically no big deal. theres also a few chips in the surface of my carbon fiber hood, but again not many and not bad ones like the bumper. the new fenders that they also painted have more rock chips than the hood or grille. on the bumper, the paint and primer is also peeling in a few spots on the bottom around where it scraped on the drivers side. theres also spot where just the paint is peeling where i must have backed past a piece of ice sticking out into my wheel well. that spot is now bright white.

when i took the car back a few months ago, they blamed the problem on the material of the bumper. i could believe this if it were fiberglass, but this is a urethane bumper, so im sure its the quality of the paint. i'm trying to get some info to prove them wrong and make them repaint it (and probably keep repainting it as long as i have the car if their paint is still that bad) any info that could help would be greatly appreciated. its gotten to the point where i dont even feel like washing my car because the front looks so bad