Turbo Post information/questions about Turbo here!

the D17 does not suck

Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shwoogie420 is an unknown quantity at this point
the D17 does not suck

everyone is always knocking the d17 and putting in the k...check out some vids of my turbo d17 showing why hondas rule the world

www.youtube.com/user/shwoogie420
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: the D17 does not suck

Any engine can make power if its built, but the d17 is just not the best platform to make reliable power without spending a ton of money on the setup. For some it maybe worth it for others not so much.
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

hope you have a fuel pump and just to let you know the stock rod bolts start stretching at 12psi
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

Given the choice, I'd build my D17 only if I had to. Otherwise, I'd swap a K.

Last edited by grendel; 08-17-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-16-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

15 psi with 282 whp on stock internals not bad but the k24a1 can put out 400 whp on stock internals with 15 psi just saying. And ya I am suspecting that your motor is not going to hold up for long there cause how much boost you are pushing.

And take it to the track not the street.
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

also I would check around the forums a bit before you call it record breaking just because there is not a video on youtube does not mean it is record breaking I mean I'm some were around 250-260 maybe slightly higher on 7.5 lbs on a stock bottom end
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

the motor is/was fine i took it out a few weeks ago....motor had 150,000+ miles and was at 19lbs.... now the motor is fully built and im breaking it in.... the track and the street are totally different....the closest track for me is 2 and a half hours....why drive that far..pay someone to beat the **** out of my car all for a piece of paper that doesnt matter on the street.... now thats not important to me sorry if it is to you...... and yea the k-series is prob better but i went this route and my goal by winter is around 400hp so whether i make that on a k or a d there is no difference (except for like a 100tq lol)
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

wait so you now have a fully built bottom end? and you are running 19 lbs then why not post that earlier cause that seems even cooler
Old 08-16-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by shwoogie420
the motor is/was fine i took it out a few weeks ago....motor had 150,000+ miles and was at 19lbs.... now the motor is fully built and im breaking it in.... the track and the street are totally different....the closest track for me is 2 and a half hours....why drive that far..pay someone to beat the **** out of my car all for a piece of paper that doesnt matter on the street.... now thats not important to me sorry if it is to you...... and yea the k-series is prob better but i went this route and my goal by winter is around 400hp so whether i make that on a k or a d there is no difference (except for like a 100tq lol)
For one street racing is immature and it risks everyones lives around you. There is a difference on making the 400 hp in a k and a d. The d will have to be built and that k can still be stock.
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

you know. i am so lost i want to build up my car but if a k can really do what you just said i think i will go that route. but then again. how much hp did you get with just the cam swap? i thought bout doin that in my car? and what all do you need besides the cam? and what do you think i should put in my car if i do switch a k20 or 24? lol ugh. and would it be possible to just pull the whole motor and tranny and drop it into my car? of course using new motor mounts and what not. i was thinkin bout just cuttin the motor out. lifting it up settin it in my car and welding the mounts up to my car. possible? thanks
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

they make mounts for the k-swap please don't try to just cut out your motor and make your own

and this one has been gone over a million times before if you want to make 400hp out of a k in a 7thgen you will have to drop a lot more money than you will to make 400 with a D and a turbo kit. cause you are going to need a turbo to hit 400 on a k plus you have to k-swap first. believe me it is cheaper to build up a d
Old 08-16-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by cmiller_01ex
you know. i am so lost i want to build up my car but if a k can really do what you just said i think i will go that route. but then again. how much hp did you get with just the cam swap? i thought bout doin that in my car? and what all do you need besides the cam? and what do you think i should put in my car if i do switch a k20 or 24? lol ugh. and would it be possible to just pull the whole motor and tranny and drop it into my car? of course using new motor mounts and what not. i was thinkin bout just cuttin the motor out. lifting it up settin it in my car and welding the mounts up to my car. possible? thanks
Hasport makes motor mounts to swap the k into the basic 7th gen civic.

Originally Posted by bomerman19

they make mounts for the k-swap please don't try to just cut out your motor and make your own

and this one has been gone over a million times before if you want to make 400hp out of a k in a 7thgen you will have to drop a lot more money than you will to make 400 with a D and a turbo kit. cause you are going to need a turbo to hit 400 on a k plus you have to k-swap first. believe me it is cheaper to build up a d
And how much does it cost total to get the d17 to 400 hp.
Old 08-16-2010
Registered!!

if you take your time and search for deals you can do it for 3-4k
Old 08-16-2010
Low and slow!

if you take your time and search for deals you can do it for 3-4k
Hmm not bad. Swapping in a k series and turbo would be around 5k or so. I do give the d17 some credit though.
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

the track and the street are totally different....the closest track for me is 2 and a half hours....why drive that far..pay someone to beat the **** out of my car all for a piece of paper that doesnt matter on the street.... now thats not important to me sorry if it is to you......
That's the attitude of a complete douche. WHEN you crash, I hope you don't hurt anyone ELSE in the process. I had to dig around and see where you were located... your YouTube page says New York. I'm ecstatic that I don't have to share roads with you.
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

MDEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point

my cars running 9lbs and making 240whp...andy made over 300whp on a stock block, not sure the PSI.
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MDEM2
my cars running 9lbs and making 240whp...andy made over 300whp on a stock block, not sure the PSI.
No andy was not making 300 on a stock block his street map was 375 @ 20lbs and it was a built bottom end his race map was 489 on at 30lbs and c16 race gas after it blew up he drove around on one of my stock bottom ends at 10psi temporarily he wasn't hitting 300 on stock block
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

ok so what do you guys suggest? i want a poll. lol kswap or turbo d series.
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

ricearoni is an unknown quantity at this point

I assume you're all talking about the D17A2 (vtec) but what if we're stuck with the A1?

Last edited by ricearoni; 08-17-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by ricearoni
I assume you're all talking about the D17A2 (vtec) but what if we're stuck with the A1?
Fixed.
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

for the dyno video the motor was bone stock except for a stage 3 cam and my intake air temp sensor blew out during that run causing the boost to only go to 15 and not 19.... now the motor in my car is built... if i had a choice to do it over i would prob go with a k24 only b/c to get to 400hp it is alot less boost and could do it on the stock motor but none the less it was 5k for the turbo "kit" either way and another 4k for the built motor....just wanted to be different.....
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by grendel
That's the attitude of a complete douche. WHEN you crash, I hope you don't hurt anyone ELSE in the process. I had to dig around and see where you were located... your YouTube page says New York. I'm ecstatic that I don't have to share roads with you.
listen guy its not like im doing this on the back roads at 2pm when the kids are getting off the school bus.... this is on the highway when there is no one around....and what your telling me you never raced on the street shut up and i hope you crash you dick
Old 08-17-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

listen guy its not like im doing this on the back roads at 2pm when the kids are getting off the school bus.... this is on the highway when there is no one around....and what your telling me you never raced on the street shut up and i hope you crash you dick
Either way,you still shouldn't street race.
Old 08-17-2010
Low and slow!

It does not matter if you are on a back road at 2 am and no one is around. You still put peoples lives at risk. And ya I am glad I do not live round you cause street racing is immature as hell and no one should do it. You will be having all that fun street racing a disobeying the law and getting that stupid adrenalin rush and then you hit someone and kill them then what. You are probably so stupid that you will keep doing it even after that unless you are in jail getting what you deserve. Take your stupid **** to the track.
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

Actually, no, I've never raced on the street.

I guess I just "get it" whereas you plainly don't.

This summer here in Winnipeg, there is a HUGE police push to get auto enthusiasts off the streets. They're nailing us to pull in to "random" inspections by the handfuls, and putting cars up on ramps to inspect. They take their time (some cases 1.5 hours), and if there is ANY modification that puts the car outside of code, you'll end up ticketed for it (or towed, depending). Now, they're doing this to ALL of us, regardless of whether or not we're doing anything illegal at the time.

Can you guess why they're doing this?

Douche drivers like yourself. The ones who squeal their tires frequently, speed from light to light, rev engines with the douche next to them, etc. They're tired of all the complaints being received throughout the summer, every summer. And a woman was killed by someone street racing up here, too (I believe that was in 2005 or so). There aren't many of your type up here anymore, which is good, but just a few douches ruin it for everyone - hence, EVERY car up here is subject to inspection for aftermarket parts, etc.

Do everyone a favor: Take it to a track, or point it at a tree.
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

^^ha ha.lol point it at a tree. that is great.lol well when he does that he should take a pic and make us an appology page that explains why street racing is gay.lol i mean i have done the take off from the stop light and see who accels faster but never over 5-10 over the speed limit.. except that one time when i was young dumb and stupid.lol
Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

enough with the street racing legal/illegal bullshit it's annoying some one is always going to be out there doing it. it;s like arguing which religion is best all it will do is get you no where fast

Originally Posted by ricearoni
your point? the only difference between the A2 and A1 is the a1 is slightly lower compression and it has a steel oil pan and comes with a non-v-tec head. a lot of people prefer the a1 block for turbo if you want v-tec you just swap the v-tec head over. my fully built block was originally an A1 and the block I am currently running is an a2 at 10:1 compression hehehe when it comes down to it a d17 is a d17 does not really matter which one you have unless you want to run a crower cam then you are going to need a v-tec head
Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

wow listen grundel i live in the us not canada and could give a **** about you.... dont tell me what to do where to race how to race....this is a car site and i wasnt asking mommy permission to race...the point of this thread was to show the d17 isnt a complete pos not whether street racing is ok.... so shut up on it already.... and yes i will point it at a tree...with you and miller between it....but im done you wanna talk car **** fine if you gonna keep telling me about street racing save it im done replying
Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

enough with the street racing legal/illegal bullshit it's annoying some one is always going to be out there doing it. it;s like arguing which religion is best all it will do is get you no where fast

your point? the only difference between the A2 and A1 is the a1 is slightly lower compression and it has a steel oil pan and comes with a non-v-tec head. a lot of people prefer the a1 block for turbo if you want v-tec you just swap the v-tec head over. my fully built block was originally an A1 and the block I am currently running is an a2 at 10:1 compression hehehe when it comes down to it a d17 is a d17 does not really matter which one you have unless you want to run a crower cam then you are going to need a v-tec head
yea my orginal motor was an a2 but now i havethe built bottom end which is an a1 and the bulit head is an a2....but yea a1 or a2 pretty much the same both suck without boost lol
Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

So what are your plans now? What do you use for engine management?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the D17 does not suck