Engine Management Post information/questions about Engine Management here! It's especially important for Forced Induction (Turbo and SuperCharging) and Engine swaps! What destroys engines are fuel management!

Rsx type s kpro with d17?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RoseyEm2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rsx type s kpro with d17?

I got a guy selling his type S ECU with kpro installed. Could I just get this and then buy the cam gear? Or will I still have to send the ECU to hondata?
Old 07-11-2017
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Rsx type s kpro with d17?

I would email/call Hondata.
Old 07-13-2017
Registered!!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Rsx type s kpro with d17?

Originally Posted by RoseyEm2
I got a guy selling his type S ECU with kpro installed. Could I just get this and then buy the cam gear? Or will I still have to send the ECU to hondata?
Just make sure you use Kmanager to upload the d17 (VTEC) map to the ECU before starting the car.

Im not sure if there are board differences of KPRO when installed in a RSX ECU. I would assume Kpro v4 is the same board just different maps.
Might be helpful to look at this link.
When I bought kpro I checked "for d17"

https://hondata.com/kproecuinfoform.html