Interior Post about Interior parts, seats, consoles, etc

What the F is vibrating behind the panel?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
What the F is vibrating behind the panel?

I have a 2005 coupe and there's a plastic panel under the rear quarter window on the passenger side where the handle is for people in the back seat. There's something behind this thing that vibrates against it whenever the subwoofer hits. And it's noisy as hell but the second I touch it, even with just one finger, it goes away. It's annoying as hell, I can't listen to certain songs anymore, anyone know what this is? More importantly, how do I get that panel off to cushion whatever's back there?
Old 11-05-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
lol Winter comes and **** starts to rattle...every year
Old 11-05-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
im already feeling the rattle pains. just ride it out til summer. youll get many more dont worry.
Old 11-05-2006
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Sujak
teak off the top panels first then take hte sides off then the rear deck.. takes me a whole 10 min to do (ive done it way to many times).. eh there's a DIY let me find it.. it has pics.

f im reading this right you just wanna do like the step 8.. C pillar?

http://2k1civic.madstatic.com/2006/0...the-rear-deck/
Almost. I need the piece below that one, with the handle on it.
Old 11-05-2006
Registered!!

skoot is an unknown quantity at this point
weather stip the whole area behind the panel..especially near the glass. this tight'n it's up a little to fit more snug.....got the same thing
Old 11-05-2006
Registered!!

05civicFun is an unknown quantity at this point
with the seats up feel between the back and bottom towards the passanger side, remove that 10mm bolt, pop the back seat off, pull the seat out, remove the c pillar, theres one screw under the handle, remove that, and itll pop off

you may not need remove the seats, but i just find it easier and its not that hard to remove them

and id use dynamat, i luff that stuff, but make sure to get the xtreme, other stuff is crap
Old 04-23-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Re: What the F is vibrating behind the panel?

Just wanted to bump this, going to do it this week.
Old 04-24-2007
Registered!!

savedadogs is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, whenever the season changes rattles appear or disappear...man Honda does not have their act together.
Old 04-29-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

i did this last night and found it. There's a large piece of foam held onto the body by 2 of those plastic screw clips. They had rattled loose from the bass so I just pushed them all the way back in so they were tight again. Hopefully they won't come loose again for another year. Took a test drive today and it was fine.