Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

02 civic motor mounting bracket

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017
castlevetti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt Castle is an unknown quantity at this point
02 civic motor mounting bracket

Does anyone have any idea how difficult it is to replace the upper motor mounting bracket, the one in the pic below. I was replacing the alternator and the upper bolt snapped while removing it. I have tried drilling it out but having trouble finding a bit big enough for the bolt but short enough to fit in the right angle bit and bracket. I am ready to just replace the whole bracket.

Name:  picture24-sideenginemountout.png
Views: 3075
Size:  830.9 KB
Old 01-17-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 02 civic motor mounting bracket

Oh easy man.

I replaced mine when I stripped the alternator bolt.

Just jack up the engine on the oil pan under that side before removing it; not high but just enough to take the weight.
Old 01-18-2017
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

17mm (i think) box end wrench is your friend to break it loose.. After jacking up the engine like cam (mac25) said. Make sure you have a block of wood between the jack and the oil pan.
Old 01-18-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light

fairly easy to replace as others said, make sure to support the engine,

also (not positive on this) but if my memory is correct you need to remove the timing cover (upper at least) to remove that mount
Old 04-07-2020
Registered!!

Jacob Saldivar is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know the exact name of the part in question, needing to find a replacement and cant find anywhere
Old 04-07-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Bracket, engine mounting (Honda OEM P/N 11910-PLC-010)
Old 08-25-2021
Registered!!

Bryanj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Matt Castle
Does anyone have any idea how difficult it is to replace the upper motor mounting bracket, the one in the pic below. I was replacing the alternator and the upper bolt snapped while removing it. I have tried drilling it out but having trouble finding a bit big enough for the bolt but short enough to fit in the right angle bit and bracket. I am ready to just replace the whole bracket.

Attachment 90151
Does anyone know the torque specs on this piece and have any advice on the studs used to connect to the motor mount, especially on their part number and how to tighten them onto the piece?
Old 08-25-2021
Registered!!

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
bachands is just really nicebachands is just really nicebachands is just really nicebachands is just really nice

Thread the stud in the hole by hand as much as you can. Then take one of the nuts and thread it down on the stud. Take another nut and sandwich it against the first nut using a couple open-end wrenches. Now use the top nut to torque it down.

It shouldn't take much torque and I would recommend loctite on the threads of the stud before installing into the hole.