Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

2001 civic lx will not crank but push starts and starts jumping starter [solved]

Search this Thread

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
quartermilecame is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 civic lx will not crank but push starts and starts jumping starter [solved]

batterys good and cranks starter when I manually trigger starter terminal with a wire to battery, just replaced ignition switch thinking that was it. NOPE! Swapped what I think was the starter relay with same one next to it on main fuse box under steering column. NOPE! Without a wiring diagram Im kinda screwed. Cant seem to find one and also jumped clutch pedal switch and still NOPE! Did notice immoblizer blue key light I dont see come on anymore but I thought that was just for the immoblizer system which disables fuel and ignition spark circuits and not starter circuit but guessing. Searched on google for a good while....nothing comes up. Multiple no crank no start results come up but just no crank and all people say is starter relay, ignition switch, clutch pedal, Im not even positive Im messsing with the correct starter relay as fuse diagram doesnt seem to have that marked why I do not know. Also there is mention of a fuse. STILL havnt found a fuse for starting other than ive heard refference to it as a 7.5 amp fuse.

Last edited by quartermilecame; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:37 AM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Super Moderator

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,352 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: 2001 civic lx will not crank but push starts and starts jumping starter flat term

You should be able to find a download link to the service manual in the thread below. If you jumped the clutch switch and it still doesn't crank, you will need to start tracing back the solenoid wire. Does it have battery power when attempting to start?

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...updated-3.html

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
quartermilecame is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2001 civic lx will not crank but push starts and starts jumping starter flat term

ok well thats perfect!. Im 57 years old now and that schematic confirms what I thought, its a super simple circuit. I didnt notice or remember that the clutch pedal had 2 switches, but I didnt notice this right away!!!! When I saw I was on the wrong colored wires switch, I looked up after cramming my head more under the dash, and saw correct switch with correct colored wires. I jumpered wrong switch before thinking it was now not the clutch switch because I just jumpered it! The solution is these pedal option plastic plugs once again it ended up being the button that cracked, and fell out. I need to just replace them all at once and be done because this buttion issue has bit me before with the cruise control and brake lights staying on because these pedal bracket buttons that keep cracking and falling out one by one. ONce again thank you!!!!
The following users liked this post:
BrotatoChip (2 Weeks Ago)