Canada West Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, NWT

Crashed my vic..... =( btw: Amsterdam Auto = SCAM

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003
GODLIKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ASIANPRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
Crashed my vic..... =( btw: Amsterdam Auto = SCAM

On University Ave and 114th st, on the corner of the Cross Cancer Institute. I was in the 2nd lane closest to the right side of the curb. I was behind a van and proceed to turn in the 1st lane closest to the curb. I had 15 feet distance between me and the Nissan Xterra. I accelerated to about 5-8 km/h and turned into the right hand lane (1st lane closest to the curb). I used enough gas to get my car to turn into the right hand lane no more gas was used after I was in that right hand lane. In front of me was a stopped Xterra and in front of the Xterra was a Taxi Cab that had done a 360 turn and was stuck in the embankment. The Xterra was stopped and waiting to turn right into a merging lane. I wanted to get behind her vehicle to wait for the Taxi Cab to finish getting help so it could get out of the embankment. After I was in the lane to get behind her vehicle I applied on the break to come to a stop, yet the road was so icy that my car started to slide down hill because the lane is on an incline. I continued to slide until the road came to a flat surface then I was able to stop. My car has brand new tires and abs breaks and I could not control the car from slipping because of the incline of the road that connects to a turning lane. As I was sliding my front right fender rubbed against the back right side of her bumper, resulting in a large dent to my front right fender. Then I kept sliding and my right mirror broke her back right tail light causing my mirror to break in the collision. Then my right back fender rubbed the same spot of her rear bumper as my front did. I was able to maneuver my car in between another car that had slid up onto the embankment on my left. There was barely enough room for me to get between the two of the cars. The right hand turning lane that connected to a 114th st also was on a slant and a down hill incline. The slant resulted in my car sliding horizontally into hers and forwards past her car. At the end of the accident my car was beside hers because the road became level enough for my car to stop sliding forward. She agreed with me that the road was very slippery and that she had also slid on the same place that I did but she was able to maneuver to the right side of the curb easier. She also said “there was nothing I could do”. As we were filling out our information the road was very icy and not sanded I almost fell 3 times, and as she was walking to read her license plate number she almost fell due to the slippery road. This all happened March 10, 2003 around 2:00pm.

Also I went to get my car estimated today..and well I think that they were trying to rip me off...cuz I was watching the guy type in his labour units...and well it seems that he would type in for example 0.2 and then change it to 0.4....that *** kept jacking it up.....AHHH I HATE THIS SOO MUCH....sooo I he says he has to paint my door also..I don't see why..but he says the door WHICH IS FINE...needs to be painted so that it can be blended....I'm like wtf.....

Here is a list of all the stuff that needs to be done.....

(the number in brackets = to Labor units)

1. Remove/Install frt Bumper Assy....................................(INC)
2. Remove/Replace R Fender Panel......................$136.19 (2.9)
3. Refinish R Fender Outside........................................... ...(1.9)
4. Refinish R Fender Edge .................................................( 0.5)
5. Fender Mudguard .................................................. ........(0.2)
6. Blend R frt Door Outside........................................... ......(0.8)
7. Remove/Install R frt Belt Mldg.........................................(0.6)
8. Remove/Install R frt Door Boulding.................................(0.3)
9. Remove/Replace R frt Door Power Mirror Assy..$307.16 (INC)
10. Remove/Install R frt Door Handle.................................(0.7)
11. Repair R Quarter Panel Outside....................................(1.8)
12. Refinish R Quarter Panel Outside..................................(1.1)
13. R Rear Combination Lamp.............................................( 1.1)
14. Remove/Install Rear Bumper Assy.................................(INC)
15. Add'l Labour OP- Polish ftr and Rear Bumpers...............(0.3)
16. Add'l OPR Clear Coat.............................................. .......(1.5)
17. Add'l OPR Restore Corrosion Protection.............$15.00
18. Add'l Cost Paint/Materials..................................$190.40
19. Add'l Cost Shop Materials..................................$102.40
20. Add'l Cost Hazerdous Waste Disposal...............$3.40

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Labor Subtotals: UNITS....RATE....Add'l LABOUR AMOUNT......SUBLET......AMOUNT TOTALS
BODY:....................12.8....48.00............ ...15.00......................0.00................ 629.40
REFINISH:...............6.8.....48.00............. ....0.00......................0.00................ 326.40

Taxable Labor:........................................955. 50
GST:..........................................66.9 1

Labor Summary:....19.6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Costs:............................................ ..............................................296. 20
GST:.............................................. .............................................20.73
Total Additional Costs:............................................ .....................................316.93

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part Replacement Summay
Taxable Parts:............................................ ................................................44 3.35
GST:.............................................. ................................................31 .03
Total Replacement Parts Amount:........................................... ...................474.38

Total Labor:............................................ .................................................. .1022.71
Total Replacement Parts:............................................ ................................474.38
Total Aditional Costs:............................................ ......................................316.93

Gross Total:............................................ .................................................. .1814.02
Total GST:.............................................. .................................................. ...118.67

Net Total:............................................ .................................................. ....1814.02

Ok well crap I don't know about ne of this..cuz it seems a little far fetched to believe that it costs this much...like give me a break...I have taken off my front bumper and rear bumper real fast...you can't tell me it costs this much.....cuz I don't believe it...at all SOOOO (0.3) costs units is like worth 40$...basically...after taxes and what not...soo you can't tell me it takes like (1.1) to take off the right rear light and what not...

I don't know if I should take all this s**t off and then just bring it to them...to fix...?? what do you guys suggest???

I'm soo lost.......

ANY HELP WITH THIS IS GREATLY NEEDED......AND I DON'T WANT TO GO TO SOME s**t PLACE THAT WILL DO A *** JOB..I JUST WANT TO MAKE THIS ONE CHEAPER...LIKE WTF...
Old 03-11-2003
Registered!!

murd0c is an unknown quantity at this point
Man that sucks sorry to hear that!!!
Old 03-11-2003

GOTSPRINGROLLS is an unknown quantity at this point
that suxxors dude....

btw: use the return button! its irratating to move the scroll button back and forth..[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-12-2003
Registered!!

SpeedStars is an unknown quantity at this point
Dang that hurts... Love your 4Dr... ya pricey.. Is it going through insurance or u paying it yourself? Insurance paid for my rear bumper... got it done through Kingsway collision.. they did a great job on it

Ya sorry to hear about it.. at least your alright from it.
Old 03-12-2003
Registered!!

dspirit79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay, first of all it was a body shop that appraised it right? All the labour and stuff that you can do do it for them. That will save you the time and money. Just bring it into the shop and tell them you are going to remove things yourself before they take it. This will save you lots of cash! This is what my friend and I did when I got into an accident we removed anything we possibly could have for them (written on the assessment) then let them take the car in. Just leave anything you've taken out in the trunk.

That's my suggestion.

Justin
Old 03-12-2003
GODLIKE

True...good idea...do a lot of the labour myself...cuz I know I can do it...

The Return thing..is not my fault..its cuz the pix are soo large...

BTW: do you guys know ne ppl that can hook me up with some good deals....
Old 03-12-2003
Registered!!

Cisco88 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll help with the labour!
Old 03-14-2003
GODLIKE

For sure buddie...and I will treat you to some PHO...hahaha...this summer will rock...