Terrible tracking- Need help ASAP!! - Honda Civic Forum

Canada West Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, NWT

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2009   #1  
Registered!!

cricketwjw is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Terrible tracking- Need help ASAP!!

I have a 2008 EX-L. I can't keep it on the road!!!! OK so I'm exaggerating a bit. BUT here's the story ... The car has a definite tracking problem. The rear end slips and slides around enough that loss of control is a constant fear. I just had a full alignment done at the dealership plus had them check to see if the rear upper control arms are correct. They say everything is fine. Does anyone have any experience with this?
I live in snow country and have a very good set of snow tires on the car.
cricketwjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #2  
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Terrible tracking- Need help ASAP!!

I know the wind has been knocking my little civic around lately...
BlueEM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #3  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

06+ civic has defective rear control arms that cause the rear to be impossible to align. the wheels usually look like this [/] and are slanted to one side. honda has updated control arms, but you need to have them installed by the dealer, they do not come on any new cars from the factory. either that or get an aftermarket camber kit from spc or something.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009   #4  
Registered!!

cricketwjw is an unknown quantity at this point

Gearbox, I had my Honda dealer check the rear upper control arms. According to them everything is fine. They realigned the four wheels too. The technician said that the front wheels were out slightly so he adjusted them. He is blaming the slippery winter roads but I just went for a ride in my son's 08 DX and his car tracks fine and true, even on the winter roads.
cricketwjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #5  
Registered!!

tehstriker88 is an unknown quantity at this point

donno it may be that your e brake is a bit frozen and on icy spots causes it to lock and slide, but the possibility is slim
tehstriker88 is offline   Reply With Quote